Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Unleash the Monster...

Don't understand the title? Don't worry. It's an inside joke. You're not SUPPOSED understand.

On August 19, 1981, a very special person entered the world. I'm here to assure you that the world changed that day, as I am most certain that there is NO ONE IN THE WORLD like this girl. (See Mere's blog for a picture of Claire taken in the early 80's. HAHA!). I'm not going to sit here and list funny things about Claire or reasons why I love her because it would just take entirely too long. She is one of the most fun people to be around EVER and she has more friends than anybody I know. I'm glad I'm one of them. She is one of my very oldest and dearest friend, and there is no doubt in my mind that we will stay as close as we are now. She has a quirkiness that is hard not to love. (ex. She once slept in the bathtub...she CHOOSES to eat crap candy like Circus Peanuts....she once ate 5 chocolate covered donuts AT ONE TIME and was sick for days...she has a fishing worm with her at all times that she
"twirls" constantly...her sense of direction is, well, unlike anybody elses, etc. etc. See? How can you not love her?).
It has been way way too long since we've hung out, and that makes me not happy. It's about time for me to take a roadtrip to Birmingham (after all...there's a FABULOUS little Mexican restaurant there! That's reason enough to make the drive!).
Happy 27th Birthday Claire! I wish I could be there to celebrate with you! I love you much, friend!
Head on over and wish this girl a happy birthday! :)

6 comments:

mary straton said...

Hooray for Claire! Happy Birthday, Pippi!

Sam H said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

re: post title

friends don't make secrets and secrets don't make friends.

Claire said...

Thanks for the sweet post, yaya! Don't you want to come back for another of those monster taco salads??????

I MISS YOU.

Tassie said...

A girl who keeps a fishing worm with her at all times? This sounds like someone I'd love to meet!

The Texas VicHorns said...

I'm game for a birmingham trip.

Ps- i'll be in starkvegas the last week in september. SWEET.