Wednesday, August 20, 2008

and now for the OTHER list...

I gave you my "can't live withouts," and now it's time to give you my list of "CAN live withouts!" These particular things grate on my nerves to no end.
1. Bad grammar. Please don't use it around me. Even if I don't really know you well, I will probably correct you. And if you say something like "I ain't got no...," I will probably hit you. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

2. Helicopter parents. If you're a teacher, you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about...the parents that won't let their kids go or think their
kids have to be the BEST at EVERYTHING. Yuck.

3. Certain Words. If you've been around me at all, you know that there are certain words that I DON'T like. It goes without saying that I don't like the "F" word, but my dislike for words goes beyond just profanity. For example, I hate the word "moist." My friend Bambi said it to me today and I threw up in my mouth. I think it's sick sounding. There are others as equally annoying, but at this is the first that came to mind.
4. Slow drivers. I by no means have a lead foot. I'm a 5 miles (maybe) over-the-speed-limit driver. Note: I've never had a ticket. To me, though, there is nothing worse than getting behind someone going UNDER the speed limit. Ugh.
5. PDA. Now, I don't mind seeing couples holding hands, or having their arms around each other. In fact, I'm actually a fan of holding hands in public. I think it's a sweet gesture. HERE'S WHERE I DRAW THE LINE: Don't kiss in public. Please spare us all. A goodbye peck with a loved one? Fine, but absolutely no making out where others can see. It makes onlookers uncomfortable, not the mention the fact that it's kinda gross. Who wants to see that? Not me. I was at the grocery store once, picking out some nice Granny Smith apples and minding my own business when I looked up and saw a couple totally hooking up in the produce section. EXCUSE ME? No making out in produce people. It was just wrong.

6. Cell phone usage at restaurants. Confession: I HAVE talked on my phone at Mexico Tipico before, but only when it was completely necessary and that's where I draw the line. I think it's beyond rude to answer your phone in a restaurant. Espcially when it's quite obvious that it's just a chat of no importance. Think about that the next time you're in a restaurant. Go outside to talk!

Well, now that you all think I am a mean pessimist, I will leave you. I'm headed to get more RED in my hair! :)

Happy hump day.

2 comments:

Tassie said...

I totally agree with your list. I don't have the adversion to the word "moist" but there are some words I don't like and most of them are profanity. When people cuss in front of me, I feel like I'm being slapped. Good luck with the red! I know it'll look great!

Anonymous said...

I know another word you didn't mention that you don't like...and again, I believe it was Bambi who also said that certain word to Friday night.