Thursday, March 13, 2008

Love the skin you're in.

Well, I'm slowly making my way to being 30 years old (ok, i have 3 more years left before this milestone!) and I'm already noticing the skin on my face changing. I never really had skin problems growing up. In high school, while many teenagers struggle with acne, my face remained fairly clear. It wasn't until I got to college that my face started randomly breaking out. SO NOT FUN! I ordered Proactiv Solution and used it for YEARS. It did the trick, and for the most part, my face has remained clear since. (I highly recommend this product to anyone struggling with unclear skin!). Now that I'm in my mid-twenties, I only deal with the occasional blemishes that I feel are fairly normal. But, I'm now noticing other annoying skin issues that I haven't had before. I'm already starting to get small lines around my eyes, slight discoloration, and dark circles under my eyes (which I have actually had nearly all of my life unfortunately). Now, I've never been one to stay in the sun for extended periods of time. My ADD kicks in if I try to lay out for too long! :) BUT I've also never been one to put sunscreen on my face while I'm outside. My mindset: "Well, I'm only going to be outside for a little while, and I do want a little color on my face!" I'm beginning to regret this mindset of mine. I've also never been a huge tanning-bed-goer, but I won't lie, I've definitely been more than a few times. Did I wear anything to protect my face while doing so? Nope and I'm slapping my hands for this now.
Now that I don't use Proactiv anymore, I've been searching for the 'right' facial products for me. Maybe this is it!
Kristen actually told me about visiting the Oil of Olay website where you can answer a few questions about your skin and get a free consultation. (There's even a slightly annoying lady who walks you through each of the questions!). I decided to give it a try. After answering the questions about my skin, they were able to provide me with a list of products that they recommended just for me. I'm kind of excited about buying some of them and hopefully seeing results!
And no, I'm not going to tell you that I'm completely avoiding the sun from now on, but you better believe that I'm going to start better protecting my face!
Click here now and get YOUR free consultation!

On a completely different topic...I just got back from visiting Candy for a couple of days. Yesterday we spent the day shopping. Landon went with us and was a real trooper! As long as he had food in hand, he was a happy camper! Look at this adorable face! Isn't it amazing how messy a child can get after eating something? I think this is hilarious. I miss them already!

3 comments:

Tracy~ said...

I've been thinking about getting ProActive for Cole. His chin breaks out quite a bit. I think I'll do it.

I LOVE Oil of Olay. Love it!

Anonymous said...

It only gets worse! Mrs. K

The Robertsons said...

Thanks for visiting us! We miss you and want you to come back very soon.