Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter, my 27th, and "WELCOME TO THE DELTA!" (????)

"LaLa is 27!!! AHHHHH!"

This was a nearly PERFECT weekend. It was Easter, my birthday (who doesn't like to get a little extra attention??), I've been on a nice break from school, I spent all of my time with people I love (we missed you Heather and Trey!), and the weather was fabulous. What more could I ask for?

Sunday morning started with a knock at my door at 8:08 am (the exact time of my birth 27 years ago), and JR standing there with this gorgeous bouquet of tulips! There are probably 30 tulips here. Aren't they beautiful?! I wish you could see the pretty flower pot they're in too.
While on the subject, I must brag a little more about JR. He's one of the most thoughtful people I know, and he's also a fabulous gift-giver. He never once asked me what I wanted for my birthday, nor did I hint around to him about anything I wanted. He shopped for me on his own and did such a good job. He gave me a great Nike zip-up running jacket, which I totally needed, and an MSU travel coffee mug. He also gave me a beautiful piece of Red Leaf Pottery. It's a chip or crackers and dip serving piece that I'll definitely put to good use and would have totally picked out for myself. Great job, JR!
Oh, but that's not all my friends! He says that this next gift was one that he was a little "self interested in" (I wonder why). Take a look. It's already hanging up in my house....

Are you confused?

I have never lived in the Delta. Not even close. But, as you may know, JR grew up in Glen Allen, which is located near Greenville. He said when he saw it, he really liked it and thought I needed it. I absolutely love the randomness of this gift, and I now have it proudly hanging in my kitchen for all to see. It'll definitely turn some heads. :)

Isn't it great?


Here are some more pictures from the weekend:

As you may recall, Easter ended my 40 day deprivation of sweets. I will refrain from listing all of the sweets I consumed yesterday, but I can assure you that I have no regrets today. I never thought chocolate could taste so good.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

1. I love Henry
2. I am sad I missed all the festivities
3. The flowers are pretty
4. I don't like Las Vegas
5. Welcome to the delta

mary straton said...

Let me tell you my dear, you haven't lived until you have received jumper cables and a tire gauge as gifts from your man. Trust me.

i am glad you have no regrets about sweets. I had too many peeps yesterday.

mary straton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
laura beth said...

I am so impressed with JR. Seth desperately needs to contact him (preferably before the next holiday) regarding great gift-giving ideas.

Ashley Jessie said...

Happy Belated Birthday Laura! You have such a wonderful family. Some things never change.

Tracy~ said...

Tulips are my fav! JR did a fantastic job. I love that he came over at 8:08 - attention to detail... love it!

I'm glad you had such a great birthday!

Henry is so darn cute!

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

yay! i'm so glad you had a good birthday. way to go, jr.

jgaskin said...

happy birthday Laura! Hope it was great!