Sunday, May 10, 2009

celebrating Mom (sweet grandmothers, too!)

"Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." -Proverbs 31:28-29
Happy Mother's Day! I feel blessed to have such an amazing mom and 2 wonderful grandmothers, all of which have played important roles in my life. Allow to introduce each of them to you by sharing a couple of my favorite things about each:
Sweet Mom. I chose this picture because there's nothing that makes my mom happier than when she's able to spend time with her grandson (my nephew, Henry). I love this candid picture of the 2 of them. Oh how Henry loves his "Lita."
Mom is smart. Brilliant, really. When she watches Jeopardy, she knows every single answer (or I guess I should say question) before the contestants do. If I were ever on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire", she would most definitely be my lifeline. She knows every word of every hymn in the hymnal, and sings beautifully. She's beautiful and kind, and I'm proud to call her Mom!



Then there's Nana (dad's mom)--a grandmother like no other. She's special to me in so many ways. We share the same middle name (Ladell), and I'm very proud of that. Click here to read more about this lady! Here's how I would briefly sum up my dear Nana: She's hip, known by EVERYONE, wears metallic pants (and pulls them off!), and owns a hot pink High School Musical umbrella. Yep. That's my Nana!


My Mamaw (mom's mom)--known by all as a wonderful Christian woman. She's the reason my first name is Laura (it is her middle name)! She lives in assisted living in Meridian, which has been an absolute blessing to our entire family. I don't get to see her as often as I'd like, but knowing she's happy and being taken care of thrills my soul. Need proof that she's an incredible mother? Look at how well my mom turned out!

Happy Mother's Day to moms everywhere! This day is all about YOU.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i love them. all of them.
#1 mom to Melita. Hip hip!!