Monday, May 11, 2009

Oh, what to wear?

So...my entire family (parents, both sisters, brothers-in-law, Henry, and I) are heading to Seaside in a few weeks. I'm thrilled about it. For as long as my sisters have been married, I don't think we've ever been able to ALL coordinate our schedules to go on a vacation like this. Since we know these times are rare, we're planning on having a photographer come and take our pictures on the beach while we're there--you know, the whole "white shirt" thing. There are a couple of different options that can be taken when taking these pictures, though: should we wear white shirts and jeans? Khakis? All white? So many decisions. We all know that whatever Kristen tells us to do is what we'll ultimately do, but when Mom asked MY opinion, I simply told her that I just somehow want our picture to just turn out HALF as good as this one (they're all just so nicely coordinated here):

Are you about to wet your pants from laughter? Because I was when I found this website. I just spent the last 30 minutes looking at these pictures and laughing hysterically. BY MYSELF. Take a break from the busyness of your day and have a laugh!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

hahahahaha!!

We always take a group photo in matching gear at the beach...i liked last years-blue, khaki, and white. That way we weren't so "matchy matchy" with so many people. We are taking a five generation pic on June 4 in all white...we'll see how it turns out!

One year we made the mistake of taking the pic on the trampoline, and it could be added to this post!

Menta Lee Hill said...

What's the deal with the white shirts in family (or other groupings) photos? I see it SO often and can't help wondering....

Anonymous said...

i say white/khaki....but not so matchy matchy....like if you have a cute white beachy dress wear that. look on some good beach photographer websites for ideas... and i vote no to blue jeans :)

Unknown said...

i am wearing my bikini for the family pic.
either that or my 2 piece prom dress.

The Segrest Family said...

we got pictures made last year with a photog on the beach with chad's family.
we all wore pastel colors... it turned out GREAT.
i liked it better b/c i like color!!!!
we wore jeans or khakis with solid color shirts. - but you could chose one!

Kristen said...

I am a friend of Nan's and a photographer. I would suggest that you go with color. I really dislike the matchy matchy with the white and khaki. I would go with a color scheme, you know either cool, warm colors or even pastels like someone else suggested.

I took some of my husbands family (just the adult cousins) last winter and they all went for warm colors(except for my sister-in-law who didn't know what that meant) and it turned out great (even with Holly in her purple)! Here is the link to my work blog if you want to check them out.

http://kristenperreault.com/?page_id=10