Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Adam vs. Kris and the Jon Gosselin scandal...

Well, I personally think it's going to be a tough call tomorrow night. In my opinion, both performers did well tonight, each having their own "shining moment." I think Adam is favored to win, but I definitely don't think Kris should be ruled out! I truly like them equally, but I tend to pull for underdogs, so I'm crossing my fingers for Kris (plus, my friend Heather is a die hard Adam fan, and I think a little rivalry between us will be fun!). Something else to think about-- There were a lot of Danny Gokey fans out there, so who's going to get the majority of THOSE votes? I think Kris will, but that's just me.Thoughts?
2nd topic of the night: JON GOSSELIN. Now, I've heard the rumors that have been going around about him having an affair, but I tried not to think anything of it in hopes that they WERE just rumors! I mean, I LOVE JON AND KATE PLUS 8! You'll watch an episode or 2 and be totally convinced that, even though their lives are completely chaotic with 8 children, they were very much in love with each other and happily married! My heart hurt today when I saw Kate on the cover of People magazine. It's one thing to see their picture on the cover of The National Enquirer, but when it's seen in People, I tend to believe it. I read the article in which Kate was interviewed, and it made me so sad. She seemed very hurt about it all, and says their marriage is really struggling. While Jon denies having an affair, she still says that regardless, things aren't so great. It makes me so sad! I guess it just goes to show you that even though some families seem picture-perfect, they may be, in fact, very far from it.
I'm anxious to see what's going to happen with the Gosselins!

8 comments:

The Andersons said...

I have been keeping up with all the "rumors" online about Jon and Kate and read that article in People this past weekend. It makes me sad, too!! I hope they can work things out. I am a HUGE fan of that show. (and I'm pulling for Kris, too!)

Wade's World said...

Jon and Kate have let that show ruin their life. It's all about promotion and money now. They need to get off tv, as much as I love the show, and refocus on being a family out of the spotlight.

And seriously, with 8 kids, how can either one of them find the time to cheat?

I'm hoping Adam wins although I didn't vote at all this year.

AnnaLittle said...

GO KRIS!!! And I do not watch Jon and Kate plus 8 but I have heard she is mean?! Is this true? Either way, it's no excuse for an affair, which who knows if he even had one? For your sake, Laura, I will hope for the best :)

Menta Lee Hill said...

Cheating in a marriage is never okay, but neither is the way she constantly harangues him. I love the series and can watch the same episodes over and over--little Aaden is my favorite. I hope they can work things out--as that old song says, "No one knows what goes on behind closed doors!" (Guess I'm giving my age away with that one...LOL)

Tassie said...

So I haven't been able to watch AI this semester, thanks to my grad class. I can't watch AI unless I watch it from the very beginning. So, I'm probably the only person in the USA who doesn't know who either of these guys are... As for Jon and Kate....I've never really liked how they are always at each other when they're being interviewed and they sit in the chair in their basement. Have you ever noticed their body language? They always lean away from each other. Not a good sign. I hope they can work it out...and I also read the article in People. It felt to me like the magazine sorta made it sound like they are spoiled (and definitely overpaid--that much per episode???) I need a reality show!!!!

The Stringers said...

I don't watch AI...but I am for the guy who DOESN'T wear make-up!

As for Jon and Kate..I disagree about tv ruining their lives. With 8 kids, the show has given them opportunities they otherwise would not have. (family vacations, music lessons, etc) I agree with Kate's idea that if it weren't for the show, the would struggle to provide for their family and they would both have to work too much to have any time for their family. I am very sad for Kate and SO mad at Jon!

It is hard enough to have an "affair" with your OWN spouse with ONE kid running around! I don't know how he did it!!! :)

Unknown said...

lt,
im a little late on this post...but i have to say, im SO SAD about jon and kate. i have watched that show since the beginning and love it. i do agree that kate is hard on jon, BUT i would probably be the same way if i had 8 kids. heck, im that way alot of times with just two!!! i am anxious to watch on monday night - they say that they are going to address it... we will see!

The Segrest Family said...

oops, that was me. not chad