Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Jake, Zac, and Darius...just to name a few!

I love country music. If you're a reader then this definitely isn't new news for you. I like all kinds of music, but there's no doubt that my heart belongs to country. No question about it.
Anyway, for those of you share this love, I have a question for you. Is it just me or does it seem like there are so so many new amazing country artists out there right now?
As you know, I just got a new computer, so I had to re-download Itunes, transfer all of my download purchases to the new computer, AND recopy a lot of my CDs to my computer. All that to say, I've spent a lot of time getting my music the way I want it, and I've just added some really fabulous songs. I thought I'd do you a favor and share some new favorites with you. Oh, and for those of you who don't like country music (particularly BOTH of my sisters!) , don't be turned off. You really may like some of these. Just wait and see.
First of all, allow me to introduce Jake Owen to you. Not only is this guy a little hottie, but he's also a very talented hottie. I especially like "Don't Think I Can't Love You." I mean--I love it.
Secondly, you may have heard of the Zac Brown Band. They've got a couple of really good ones out right now, but my favorite is "Whatever It Is." Their music is definitely worth downloading!
And of course you know Darius Rucker (aka Hootie!)....yep...that's right! He switched over to country and what a smart move it was! I like "Don't Think I Don't Think About It," but I really like "It Won't Be Like This For Long." If you're a parent, it might even put a tear in your eye (after all--isn't that what country music all about?).

Now, do you have any download suggestions for me? I'm open-minded and want some new music!!

It looks like it's time for you to start downloading.

I need American Idol right now.


PS...you need to check out the new feature added to the blog. Look right above my blog list. I found a jewel of a website earlier. You'll have to click here and check it out yourself, and if you're a TV fan at all, you'll love it. Trust me. Have I ever let you down before?

6 comments:

Mrs. McMillen said...

I love, love, LOVE "Whatever it is"!!! :)

Unknown said...

Have you heard of or like Addison Road? they are christian band...started at baylor when i was there and now up for new artist of the year for the dove awards tomorrow night in nashville. she (the lead singer) has a blog:
http://www.jennysimmons.blogspot.com/
and just had a baby a few days ago and is very real.
she lives in dallas now.
love her voice --they are on the radio quite often.
here is one of my favorite songs, Hope Now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xboucW89gUU&feature=related

Good Luck on the song search....and the marathon this weekend! :)
I loved running in it--can't wait to hear all about your experience.
:)

ej williams

Ashley said...

I love all those songs! Can't think of anymore right now. Good luck with the marathon!

Debi said...

Laura, Good luck in Nashville. You need to check out Chuck Wicks music , i think you would like him and surely you like Rascal Flatt.

Unknown said...

no country music.

i do like addison road, elizabeth. Her baby's name is Anniston.
Thank you, K-love, for that information update.

Tracy~ said...

I'm not a huge country music fan - but Darius' stuff is playing on the station I listen to and I like it! The first two you mentioned - love how they look :)

I got a Matt Nathanson CD from my secret pal and I LOVE it! you can check out "Come on get higher" by him. You may know it. He reminds me of Howie Day - who you may or may not know - but one of his great songs is "Collide". Let me know if you liked em'.

Good luck this weekend! I know you'll do well and have a great time to boot!

Trace~