Friday, April 25, 2008

Oh the things kids say...

I'm at school right now, so no time for a lengthy post, but I HAD to blog about these happenings before it was too late. Enjoy.
1. male student: "Miss T. I can use the bathroom? My bowels is stopped up."
me (in shock that a 2nd grader just used the word "bowel"): I just pointed to the door. Couldn't speak.
2. This morning I passed an adorable little Chinese girl who's in kindergarten here. I told her good morning and she looked up at me and said "Hi! You look like Chinese!" Obviously she said that because of my squinty eyes. Of course my reply back to her was "why THANK YOU!" Question: Have you ever seen my dad? No need to wonder why I have the eyes that I do. Thanks Dad. :)
3. A parent sent an excuse to our school office because her child was absent from school for a few days. The excuse read, "Please excuse ______ from school. He had a case of the doo doos." I'm not even kidding.
I so need to be writing a book.
Have a happy Friday.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

"case of the doo-doos?"
should these people really be having children to begin with?

Tracy~ said...

You really, REALLY need to write a book!
Have a great weekend!

The Manning Family said...

School teachers and moms really do hear it all, don't they? People keep telling me I should write a book with all the things that Anna & Maggie do and say. They're a hoot, and Reese is so funny!

I agree with Heather about 'those' people having kids in the first place. I mean, if their parents talk like that, how are we to expect the kids to do any better!

And.....

YES YES YES We need to meet and SOON!!! Maybe this summer we can get together when I know you'll have lots of 'free' time. Our girls are always up for a little road trip, but with gas being 3.60 a gallon, we may just become hermits! :)

Anonymous said...

So funny! I read your post out loud to Forrest since he teaches school--hilarious!
thanks for making me laugh out loud.
ejw

The Stringers said...

i love it! people are too funny.

Jared and Brandy Verwiel said...

i LOVE this post... i don't know which is my favorite?! i also enjoyed the statement in the form of a question...as long as they put inflection in their voice!!! seriously?!

Adelia said...

I can't quit laughing out loud at that parent note. It really is ridiculous that just anybody can have a kid. There definitely should be a class with a test before people can procreate. I hear all kinds of stuff from my students too though. Maybe we can collaborate on that book.