Saturday, April 5, 2008

I'm back.

So, my blogging "break" only lasted a little over a week. For some of you that's nothing, but those of you who are regular blog readers of mine know that 9 days is way too long for me to go without posting. So I'm back.
I've always said that in the midst of trials, it's important to focus on the good things in life. That's exactly what I've decided to do. As you will see below, the good things in my life heavily outweigh the bad. This realization allows me to believe that I am going to be just fine.
So, I've compiled a list of things that have particularly made me happy this past week and a half:
1. My parents. THEY ARE THE BEST. I can't even begin to describe all they've done for me, not only during this time, BUT ALWAYS.
2. My sisters. Want to know how great they are? They BOTH changed their plans last weekend and drove to Starkville because they knew I needed them here. Wow.
3. Henry. Just looking at that face makes me smile. I melt when he says "Lala" or kisses me on the cheek. Spending time with him somehow makes me worry-free.

Bully, Henry, and "grandaddy" at Super Bulldog Weekend.

Henry hugging on his favorite stuffed animal.

4. My friends. Overwhelmed is a good word to describe how I've felt this past week because of my amazing friends. I'll never know what I've done to deserve such loyal, caring friends. They've gone out of their way to check on me and make me laugh, even if I don't really feel like it. This friend allowed me to spend the entire day with her and her little one the other day. (He did a pretty good job of making "LT" smile, too!). This friend insisted on flying me to Texas to see her in a couple of weeks, so this other friend and I are heading to Alpine soon! Yay! My "teacher friends" are awesome too. I won't even go into the number of encouraging phone calls, messages, emails, and cards I've received from caring friends, too. I'm so undeserving.

5. My students. I missed a couple of days of school last week and when I got back, several of them had cards and pictures for me. They said "I love you, Ms. T" or "I missed you." Even though they can most defintely drive me crazy sometimes, :) spending many hours a day with them helps keep my mind off of other not-so-happy thoughts!

6. Flowers. As you probably know from previous posts, I'm a big fan of flowers. I love them. Last weekend when Kristen, Rob, and Henry were here, we planted flowers in my yard. I also bought fresh flowers for the inside of my house (Oprah says you should ALWAYS have fresh flowers in your house!). It's amazing how flowers really CAN make you feel better. Aren't they pretty? Maybe I'll be a gardener when I grow up.

7. MAX. WHAT IN THE WORLD WOULD I DO WITHOUT MY DOG?! Enough said.

8. Ann Taylor Loft. You know that's my absolute favorite. Last weekend, I told my mom that I needed to go shopping, so we headed to ATL and did just that. I bought several new pieces, which made me happy. New clothes ALWAYS makes you feel better, right?

9. (Lastly, but most definitely not least!) God's neverending love! I know I have not been forgotten, and that although the uncertainty of my future scares me at times, God DOES have a plan.

Thank you so much for your sweet blog comments and prayers! I hope you all had a great weekend.

32 comments:

Sam H said...

That is one huge bear. Glad to hear from you.

The Overstreets said...

Hooray!! I'm so glad your back.. and I can't wait for Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are back....Just know that I am thinking about you, and that you are still number 1, by far, in Eileen's littled heart and in so many others too...
Sophie

The Segrest Family said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!! so glad that you are back and that you are feeling a bit better... you been on my mind!!!
love you friend

Tracy~ said...

I'm so glad you're back! You were missed.

The Benjamins said...

Glad you're back! :)

laura beth said...

I'm so glad you're back LT! I have missed you dearly!

Anisa said...

yay! what a great post. not only have you gone through a tough time - you have gone through it beautifully. focusing on the good, surrounding yourself with the positive and thanking God -- i'd say you're an inspiration to us all.

Amy Ingram said...

We don't know each other personally but we have alot of mutual friends. I read your blog regarding everything going on and please know that you are encouraging those around you. At times, life seems so hard it's hard to want to get up, but I PROMISE God is on the other side, prepping great things in you and encouraging those around you. Keep your head up. :) Know those around you who don't know you are lifting prayers up for you.

The Manning Family said...

Hey LT!
So glad your break didn't last too long; been missin' you! I'm glad you're feeling a bit better and just know that you've been on my mind during these last few days! I know you're looking forward to school being out for summer; hang in there--not too much more to go!!! I'd love to catch up and officially meet you sometime when I'm over in Stark Vegas!!! Have a great week!

Kelli said...

So glad to see that you are back! I have missed your blogs, and I have been very worried about you. I will continue to pray for you.

Ashley Jessie said...

Glad you are back. Been thinking about ya!

brad, amanda, and brody said...

It's good to hear you're doing better! You are truly choosing to praise God through this storm- just like Casting Crown's song "Praise You In This Storm" says.

I heard another song last week "In Better Hands" by Natalie Grant that made me think of you. :)

Krystal said...

i'm really glad you are back!
you know i just think you are the best!
i'm gonna keep praying for you as the weeks progress.
if you want a quick get-a-way. pack your bags and head up this way anytime! you've always got a place here!
love you girl!

Julie said...

What strength you have, and what an amazing list of sources for it :) I'm glad you're feeling better, and I hope you have a great week!

Unknown said...

YAYAYAYAYAYA returns! WHO HOO!!!!
the flowers are beautimous. Come plant on peach street?
love you!!!

JordanandSaundersRamsey said...

It's so great seeing you back on here! I've been thinking and praying for you so much!!!! Love you and hope each day gets a little brighter!

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

yay! SB and I are so excited to see you back to blogging. also, we can't wait to see you again. call us!

jgaskin said...

Glad you are back LT! It is amazing at how many people care about you. Sometimes I guess God just reaveals it to us in his way. Hope you are having a good day!

The Davidsons said...

I am so excited to see a post from you! I've been thinking about you. Glad you're back!

Emily Fowler said...

So glad that you are back and continuing to think about you.

The Texas VicHorns said...

Sweet! In less than two weeks I will be picking you up from the airport!!! I can't even wait.

fishing, camping, wild horses...all of your favorite things. HAHAHA

Did you realize we will be watching the Office together the first night you guys are here? It is just too perfect.

The Ueltschey's said...

LT- You deserve all of the happiness in the world. Been thinking about you a lot and I am glad to see that you posting happy thoughts :)

Renee Guest said...

Hey. I am so glad that you are feeling better and feeling stronger! Peace to you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Laura...This is Trey's Aunt Darlene...did Heather tell you that I read your blog after I read hers? You are showing much grace and dignity these days. Just remember that line from Steel Magnolias about how if something doesn't kill you, it'll only make you stronger. We're all in your corner, girl!

Sara Beth Green said...

YAY LT!!!! I'm so proud of you...don't ever let ANYTHING take away from you and your wonderful personality and spirits!! Please know that I'm here for you and continuously thinking and praying for you! Hang in there girl-you have alot of people behind you! Love-Sara Beth

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad you are back! i missed you!

Christi said...

I SO hear you about your dog! Mine sure help me through rough times. Does that make me crazy?!? I hope not! Don't know what I would do without mine either! Glad you're back!

Anonymous said...

Ya Ya...There are always some ant beds in life!! Put you will hop out soon! LJLL

Anonymous said...

wow, bet you and your sisters did have fun....what all did they help you break when they came all the way up to Starkville during this most difficult time?

ABL said...

I'm glad you're back Laura. I know we don't know each other personally, but I'm friends with your cousin Adelia. I just wanted to let you know I've been praying for you, and it's good to know you're back.
Ashley Leonard

P.S. I too miss the Starkville and Columbus TCBY very much :(

Jason, Cathy, Claire, Grey, and Nate said...

I am so glad you are back!! I have missed reading all about your day! You flowers are gorgeous!