Sunday, April 20, 2008

Howdy, ya'll!

Well, I have returned from my adventure to the Wild West. Meredith, Claire (note: Claire's blog URL address has changed! Make note of her new address!), and I had THE BEST TIME together. I knew it would be a long, fabulous weekend with 2 of my dearest friends, but it was even better than I imagined. I'm still SHOCKED (and a little disgusted) at the amount of food that we consumed while we were there. Sure, I'll probably be wearing skirts with expandable waists for at least a week, but it was totally worth it. Alpine, TX was unlike anywhere I'd ever been before. I am SO glad I was able to experience seeing that part of the country. This was a much needed vacation for me.
My hope is to visit Meredith and Vic again before they move. I LOVED IT! I've created a slideshow of some of the pictures from the weekend (notice I said "some" of them....I took nearly 50!). Enjoy the slideshow!



THANKS AGAIN FOR A WONDERFUL WEEKEND MEREDITH AND VIC! YOU WERE THE BEST HOSTS!!!!

Before I say farewell for the night, I must give a birthday shout out to 2 of my most favorite men! Happy Birthday to my Uncle Bobby (dad's brother) who celebrated his birthday yesterday the 19th, and my wonderful dad who celebrated his birthday today! Here is a classic picture of the 2 of them reading their birthday cards. They are 2 of a kind.
Happy Birthday! Love you both

7 comments:

Tracy~ said...

I'm so glad y'all had such a great time! Love all the pics!

The Texas VicHorns said...

Can you come back yet?

I hate drinking coffee alone!!!

Forrest and Elizabeth Williams said...

The pics are great....looks like you got some good 'touristy' ones. :) Yes, Texas is definitely a world of it's own (so they/ we think). Glad ya'll had a good time ....fun picture of you and the Longhorns...gotta have one of those. Thanks for sharing!
ejw

Unknown said...

so fun. I am J. While you were in mexi/texi, I was shopping at Victoria's Secret with Nana.
Now who's jealous???

can't wait till the weekend. can we go to CB?

mary straton said...

Don't mess with texas.

has my mom brought you your birthday present yet? it's nostalgic, you know...

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

i think we should start a petition for the horns to move back to MS.

did you remember to give her a big hug for me??

The Overstreets said...

Love the pictures! Looks like yall had an amazing time.

Can't wait for AI tomorrow night! Who's gonna go this week?? Don't say Jason Castro.