Saturday, November 10, 2007

What a GREAT day to be a bulldog (and a not-so-great-day to be one of those annoying Bama fans...)!

It was quite the perfect day in Starkville today...
the weather was perfect,
I got to visit with several out-of town friends,
and
WE BEAT ALABAMA.
You must understand...I hate UA almost as much as I hate Ole Miss.
When James predicted (pre-football season) that we'd win at least 6 games this season, I laughed in his face. I guess I should allow his optimism to rub off on me a bit. :) Right now, we're 6-4 with 2 games remaining (Arkansas and the infamous Egg Bowl vs. Ole Miss). We're Bowl-eligible for the first time since 2000.

I'm proud to be a bulldog.
I got to spend most of the day with Chad, Candy, and little Landon. It was the first time I'd seen them since this summer, which is unacceptable and completely ridiculous. I sure do miss those kids.


I also got to visit with Alexa again at the tailgate, which was fabulous as always!

James also managed to squeeze in a couple of minutes of his busy working day to stop by long enough for me to take a cute picture (he knows how important pictures are to me! :) ). He worked both the football and basketball games (which, by the way, we ALSO won!), so needless to say, he was quite busy and had very little time to socialize. BY THE WAY...just so you know...I sometimes refer to him as 'James', while other times it's 'JR'. It's been brought to my attention that this is causing a bit of confusion to my readers. His name is 'James Robert,' but most people call him 'JR.' I go back and forth. Sorry for the confusion. :)

After the game, I got to eat mexican with my dear friends Matthew and Sarah, who were in town for the game. They moved to Lousiana at the end of the summer, and it was my first time to see them since then. Oh how I miss having them here.

3 other quick reasons why I'm in a great mood:

1. SUGARLAND CONCERT TOMORROW NIGHT! :) James and I are headed to the coast! I'm pumped!

2. We're staying in Hattiesburg with Heather and Trey tomorrow night, so I'll get to have a little hanging out time with the sis!

3. 4 more school days until Thanksgiving holidays! I GET THE WHOLE WEEK OFF!!!

Life is good.

3 comments:

The Overstreets said...

have so much fun at the concert!! I am SOO jealous!

The Texas VicHorns said...

You got to hang out with Sarah and Alexa??? No fair!

Have a blast at the concert tonight. I can't wait to hear all about it. You look hot(t) in those pics.

The Robertsons said...

We were so glad to see our LT!