Friday, November 16, 2007

Baby it's cold outside...

OK, I know 50 degrees isn't REALLY cold, but it's definitely cooler than it has been lately, and it feels very "fallish." I love this time of the year. Aren't the trees absolutely gorgeous? God's creation never ceases to amaze me.
My week-long Thanksgiving break has begun. I'M PUMPED. I have all of my lesson plans ready for the week AFTER Thanksgiving, and I don't plan on doing anything school related for about 10 days. Both of my sisters and their families are coming here for a few days next week. So, other than a day trip to visit some family in Collinsville, I won't be doing too much traveling. I'm looking forward to having a few days to RELAX. I'm also planning on finishing my Christmas shopping, wrapping Christmas presents, getting my Christmas cards ready to be mailed, and cleaning my house. Yes, these are the things that excite me in life. :) I've been listening to Christmas music for a while now (I make fabulous Christmas Mix CD's if anyone is interested! :) ) and I can't wait to break out "Elf" and "Christmas Vacation".
I'm eager to decorate too, but I'm trying to hold out until after Thanksgiving.
MSKS posted a list of things that she was thankful for, and I'd like to do the same. I have been blessed with so many wonderful things in my life. Trying to condense all of these things into a short 'list' will be difficult, but I'll give it a try.

Here are the obvious ones:
our Creator
awesome parents/grandparents
the 2 best sisters in the world
Henry
the most amazing friends
a great guy who makes me smile
Max
health
a job (one that I actually enjoy!)

Others (sometimes it's the little things in life!):
the ability to use all 5 senses
mexican food
my bed
diet coke
my digital camera
weekends
summers
my 4 year old Altima
pajama pants
contacts
What a good life, huh?
Totally changing the subject: I have been on a serious carb-kick lately. I don't know WHAT my problem is! I can feel my waist line expanding and it's not even the holidays yet! AHH! I'm a fairly healthy eater. I enjoy eating healthy, I REALLY DO. But, I also LOVE to splurge on junk food every once in a while. In fact, sometimes if it were up to me, I would order an appetizer and a dessert at a restaurant and totally skip the entree. Give me some chips and dip and a piece of cake, and I'm a happy (but not-so-healthy!) camper!
I usually don't buy junk food. If it's not in my house, I'm not tempted! Not a problem. I used to have good will-power too. You could put "snacky foods" in front of me, and I could look and not eat. I haven't so much been able to do that lately for some reason. As Thanksgiving and Christmas are approaching, I'm only seeing this problem get worse. Any suggestions?
If I were to try the "South Beach Diet," I'm SURE I'd lose weight fast, but on the flip side, I would become a very mean person. No carbs at all? No thanks. I'm with you on the SBD, Em, NO WAY!
Maybe I'll think more about this after Christmas, but all I have to say now is BRING ON THE BREAD!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The best diet is Weight Watchers by far !!! I tried them all and this one actually work... you can do it for the rest of your life and never feel frustrated!

The Robertsons said...

I think you should change your plans and come visit us in Hernando. No traveling=no fun. We could go to Target and I will even let you listen to Christmas music although it is a little early to break it out. By the way, make sure you have extra socks in your purse.

Tracy~ said...

I love Real Simple Magazine. It is by far my favorite. I'm going grocery shopping today, so I'll have to pick up a copy.

I can't WAIT to decorate for Christmas. The boys and I are ready to start up the new fireplace and put up the tree.

We always have a weekend before Christmas where all we do is stay in jammies and watch Christmas movies all weekend. My favs are the same as yours - :)

Hmmmm... Christmas mix CD's huh? Do you send them to people you don't know?! :)

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!