Thursday, January 4, 2007

The Past 3 Weeks...In a Nutshell...

Happy New Year
It's been several weeks since I've posted, but as you can imagine, with my sisters in town (not to mention my precious nephew), New Year's festivities, and lots of "family time," I've been just a little busy.


After I FINALLY finished school December 22 (deep sigh), I was actually able to actually relax a little and enjoy my family! Henry's first Christmas was a good one. Well, it's not like HE actually knew what was going on, so I guess I should say OUR first Christmas WITH Henry was great. The 4 days that Kristen, Rob, and Henry were in Starkville were basically spent with everybody just staring at him and him being held by somebody the ENTIRE time. Literally. Kristen and Rob probably hated us after they left. Look at that face! Absolutely adorable. I'm so in love with that little baby and hated to see them leave!

Heather and Trey were also here for several days, and they brought the new addition to THEIR family, Sophie, their maltipoo. This was the first time that Max and Sophie were able to spend an extensive amount of time together and they are BEST FRIENDS now. If we weren't staring at Henry, we were probably staring at those two playing with each other. It looked like a couple of stuffed animals playing. It was really, really cute and Max pouted for several days after Trey and Heather took Sophie back to Hattiesburg. I guess it can be said that my family had a very exciting, MERRY Christmas!

I always get a little depressed each year when I stop listening to Christmas music, stop watching my favorite Christmas movies, and start taking down my Christmas decorations. I have to wait an entire year before doing it all again!! This year, unlike any other year, I actually had fun New Year's plans, so I had something to look forward to! I've never been one who has loved New Year's. I don't want to sound like a pessimist, but I've just never really had FUN New Year's plans, and I kinda think it's a little overrated. I decided that at age 25, it was TIME for me to do something FUN for a change. I rang in the New Year in Birmingham with Claire and some of her Birmingham friends. We got dressed up (which is something I actually enjoy doing most of the time!), and went to Workplay, where we celebrated the New Year in different time zones. There were several different rooms, each of which were decorated in different time zones. For example, there was a "New York room," which had the feel of a big city, with loud music and a lot of people. There was also a room set up like the mountains. There was fake snow, hot chocolate, coffee, etc. Another was the "Hollywood room," which was my favorite. There was ballroom dancing, a Big Band, and a screen that played black and white movies. It was relaxing and more up my alley than any of the other rooms. It was neat to go from room to room each hour and countdown to midnight several different times. I actually didn't go to sleep until about 4 a.m., and if you know me at all, you know that I'm NOT a night owl, so staying up that late is something I very RARELY do. It was fun, but it may be an entire year before I'm able to stay up that late again! I've never been one to make New Year's resolutions, but I actually made some this year. I'm optimistic that this is going to be a GOOD year, and look forward to seeing what God has in store for me!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!!

MAY GOD BLESS YOU IN 2007!!!!








1 comment:

The Segrest Family said...

you had much more fun on new year's than me! cute pictures! henry is adorable