Thursday, January 11, 2007

Walking in Memphis.......to see George!!!!

(For some unknown reason, the date is saying Thursday, Jan. 11, when ACTUALLY it's Sunday, Jan. 15. I don't understand why and I can't figure out how to change it!)
So, it's just become sort of a yearly thing for Candy and me. It's something (well,really, someONE) we both feel very passionate about. Who in the world could I be speaking of? That's right...George.

This past weekend, I went to my 5th George Strait concert, each of which were with Candy. I started going in 2003, and I've been going every year since. If you're a George fan, you'll understand the excitement that we feel each time he walks on stage (especially when he sings "Amarillo"...wow). If you're NOT a George fan, then I'm convinced that there may very well be something wrong with you and you should seek professional help. Roll


It has worked out each year that George has played in either Birmingham or Memphis, both of which are fairly close to here. It's very convenient now that Candy and Chad live in Hernando, which is only about 20 minutes from Memphis. There are a couple of things you should know about the 2 of us when we get in "George mode" : 1. We sing every song along with him, caring very little about what other people around us are thinking. 2. We wear our "I Love George Strait" buttons very proudly, knowing that everyone there is secretly a little jealous. Here are some pictures of us at George Strait concerts over the years. (I was pre- digital the first year we went, and I'm unable to put my hands on pictures from that concert, so these pictures are from the past 4 years!). Oh, and you don't even have to say it, I know I looked pretty hot with braces in the 2005 picture!

Nerd





2004





















2005













2006









2007







WE LOVE YOU GEORGE AND WE'LL SEE YOU IN 2008!
Just for Fun!
Things I like (besides George Strait of course):

-Four jobs I have had in my life:

*2nd grade teacher at Sudduth
*counselor at Camp Lake Stephens
*employee at CLC (daycare)
*Aspen Bay Candles

-Four movies I watch over and over:
*The Sound of Music
*Elf
*Waiting for Guffman
*Christmas Vacation

-Four Places I have lived:
*Meridian, MS
*Starkville, MS
*Oxford, MS (only for a summer...don't worry...I got out of Oxford as quickly as I could)
* MSU campus (still in Starkville, I know)

-Four TV shows I love to watch:
*Seinfeld
*The Office
*Desperate Housewives
*American Idol

-Four places I have been on vacation:
*Colorado
*Florida
*New York
*Highlands, NC

-Four websites I visit daily:
*hotmail
*facebook
*fox news
*Starkville School District homepage

-Four of my favorite foods:
*mexican!
*chocolate
*sushi
*salads


HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are so many things wrong about this entry.

Heather