Friday, January 5, 2007

"YAHOO!!!"

I love having visitors! One of my dearest friends, Candy (who is the only person who will find humor in the title of this post), her husband, Chad, and their adorable baby, Landon, are here for the weekend. Chad is in a wedding tomorrow, so of course, I am thrilled that they're staying with me and that they will be here for the weekend. They live in Hernando, MS, so it's not too far away, but I still don't get to see them as much as I would like!
Candy and I have been friends for about 6 years or so. We were both Elementary Education majors at MSU, and we had nearly every single class together. If it weren't for her, I'm not so sure I could have survived some of those professors...seriously...some were VERY interesting to say the least. We became instant friends, and since then, we have taken many road trips together, including 4 George Strait concerts (5th concert coming up next weekend...I'll be posting pictures!), I was a bridesmaid in her wedding 3 years ago, and I was fortunate to be at the hospital soon after baby Landon was born 3 months ago!
Those of you who know me and Candy, KNOW that we are A LOT alike. Not only is she the only friend I have who understands my love of George Strait, but she is also one of the only people I know who, like myself, can eat Mexican food at ANY time of the day. She and I are ALWAYS up for some Mexico Tipico, or Mi Pueblo. Nothing beats chips and salsa (and an occasional margarita!).

OK, well I'm finished with this particular post, but DON'T WORRY, more pictures of Candy will be posted after the
concert (it's so great to have a friend who loves George as much as I do...he's definitely one of the reasons we're so close today!). Please check back next weekend for concert pictures! :)


I Love Candy

No comments: