Tuesday, December 12, 2006

It's beginning to look a lot like CHRISTMAS!!!


It's BY FAR my favorite time of the year. Even though I'm still in school, I'm trying to soak in as much Christmas music, goodies, and decorations as possible. It's also important that I watch as many Christmas movies, each as MANY times as I can, before Christmas. If you know me well, you know that I've been listening to Christmas music since about October, and I can quote a handful of movies like I actually WROTE them. I just love Christmas.
This is the first Christmas that I've lived by myself (well, that is, if you don't count Max). So of course, that means that I get to decorate ANYTHING I want, the WAY I want...it's really fun. My decorated tree doesn't look any different from anyone else's, but I'm proud of it, so I thought I'd share it with you. :)
(Max also wanted to show off his stocking!)
One of my favorite things to snack on especially during the holidays is called "puppy chow." You may have heard it called something else, but in OUR house, it's "puppy chow!" It's simple and so so good. You simply melt 6 oz of chocolate chips, 1/3 cup of peanut butter, and a small amount of oil in the microwave. Pour that over a big bowl of 6 cups of Crispix cereal (or, if you're like me and are forced to "pinch pennies," off brand corn chex works just as well!) and mix well. Pour confectioner sugar (I usually just kind of guess the amount...it really just depends on how "powdery" you like it!) in a big ziploc bag and pour covered chex into the bag. Shake well and serve. It's so so good! I HIGHLY recommend it!
Hmmm...and I'm always wondering WHY I gain weight during the holidays!!!


ALSO, if you're looking for some good Christmas CD's, allow me to do some recommendations!

All of them are fabulous! :)

3D Santa

3 comments:

The Segrest Family said...

YAY! i love your blog, your decorations, your cute nephew, and his nursery!
for some reason, im showing up as mksegrest...
but our website is www.chadsegrestfamily.blogspot.com
love
mk

The Segrest Family said...

oh yeah! and max! toooooooo cute...

Anonymous said...

so you're a blogger now...hooray! my blog is www.kenandlaceychappell.blogspot.com