Wednesday, September 30, 2009

an important birthday and a special memory...

First of all...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANDY!!!
Today marks the 29th birthday of my dear friend Candy. If you're a reader of the blog, you've read about her and can somewhat understand why I absolutely love this friend! I've mentioned several times that God has not only blessed me by giving me lots of friends, but He's in fact given me lots of best friends. The friendships I have are very rare.
Candy is my best friend from college and we've remained as close (well...probably gotten closer!) since college. She's married with child #2 on the way, and she still somehow makes time for me! In fact, she lets me invite myself to visit whenever I want! Seriously. I love this girl. Want to know more specific reasons why she's so fabulous? OK! Just click here and here. Here's a picture of her and her cute hubby Chad (stolen from their blog). LOVE THEM.
I hope your birthday is fantastic, Candy! You're loved and MISSED!!!!
On a different note, today also marks the 19th anniversary of my cousin Kyle's death. He was killed in a car accident his senior year of high school (the picture below was taken shortly before then). Although I was only 9 when it happened, I still have memories of him and think of him often, especially every Sept. 30. I have thought of him today probably more than I have any other Sept. 30 that I can recall. I'm not sure why. I just can't help but think of what he'd be like now, where he'd be living, etc. He was just so young. I remember it being a sad time for our entire family.
Sorry to sadden the mood here, but I DO think it's important to remember those who have lost loved ones even if it has been years and years ago.
Kyle was loved and is missed everyday by us all.
I hope you're all enjoying the weather as much as I am! According to a student of mine (who says he's going to be a meteorologist), it's supposed to be rainy and "thunderstormy" again tomorrow night and maybe Friday. NOT AGAIN!
Happy Hump Day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss him, too.

Lisa

The Robertsons said...

It is important to remember those who are gone. Thanks for the birthday wishes. It is kind of sad that we don't have a 2009 George picture for the blog. I had to listen to him today to make me feel better. Love you!

Unknown said...

i can't believe it's been 19 years either. I was young, but I remember that day so well.

And happy birthday to candy!!

Nana Gayle said...

It is a small world, Laura. Chad's Dad, Robbie, is my first cousin. I met Candy for the first time at a Robertson Easter celebration this past year. Happy Birthday, Candy.

Tracy~ said...

Happy Belated, Candy! I haven't met her, but I've met Chad through Tommy R. What a small world! I hope she had a great day!

It makes me sad to hear about young adults dying so early...