Friday, September 11, 2009

Idol, Ellen, and 9/11

I am a true American Idol fan and have been for YEARS. I love music (and secretly wish I could sing), enjoy competition, and, well, I kinda think Simon is sexy. :) I have also become quite attached to the other judges; Randy, Paula, and the new addition, Kara, who I think is just a doll. I'm not big on change though, so I was saddened to hear that Paula was leaving the show! I mean...part of what made it so great was PAULA...her clothes, her dancing, and her absolutely bizarre comments. I mean...I'm just going to miss her.


It was recently announced that Ellen will be taking her place. I'm just a little unsure about this. I will give her a shot, but I'm worried that I'm going to be disappointed. Thoughts??






On a more serious note, I woke up thinking about what happened to our country exactly 8 years ago. I don't have a very good memory, but I do remember exactly where I was when this tragedy occurred. I was in college and living in the KD house. I'm sure I'll never forget that day.

I'm watching a documentary of 9/11 right now, and while I'm not really seeing anything I haven't seen before, it still hurts my heart and gives me chills to think about.

"This is a day when all Americans from every walk of life unite in our resolve for justice and peace. America has stood down enemies before, and we will do so this time. None of us will ever forget this day, yet we go forward to defend freedom and all that is good and just in our world. Thank you. Good night and God bless America."
-George W. Bush 9/11/01

GOD BLESS AMERICA. LAND THAT I LOVE.

2 comments:

Tracy~ said...

I would rather have had Kara go - she's not my fave. I'm going to miss Paula and her jewelry clunking around :) Not sure about Ellen.... I guess we'll see.

I remember where I was, too. As i drove the boys to school we were talking about it and I cried the whole way to work. It still hurts my heart, too. God bless America!!!

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

1. I hate Kara. She is awful and so was the song she wrote for last year's winner.

2. Simon is sexy.

3. Ellen? What does she know about singing talent?