Monday, September 15, 2008

weekend mishap

I love jogging. I exercise daily, not only for health purposes, but also as a stress relief at the end of a busy day. On the weekends, I enjoy sleeping in, eating breakfast, and going for a jog mid-morning. That's exactly what I did Saturday. There was a nice breeze, and I was feeling overly-motivated that morning. I was looking forward to my 3-mile jog. Unfortunately I am not the most graceful runner. If there's a pinecone in my path, I will trip over it. If the pavement is uneven, I will undoubtedly notice. If my shoelace even kinda, sorta becomes untied, I will fall.
I think you probably know where I'm going with this story.
The first 5 minutes of my jog was nice. I was jamming to Sugarland on my IPod, and I was feeling good. I think I was singing along to "Everyday America" when all of a sudden, I found myself on.the.ground. Total embarrassment. I quickly stand up, obviously hoping no one saw the 27 year old fall completely on the ground, and I look down at my knees. They were scraped up, much like a 5 year old's knees look after playing outside. I look around, thinking that there must have been SOMETHING that I tripped over. Nothing. I tripped over NOTHING. I probably should have gone home to doctor up my knee, but I decided to continue jogging as if nothing happened. I was just so mad about the whole thing. IT SHOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED! It's sort of become a joke with my family, as this was probably the 10th time I have fallen while running. Not even kidding.
Anyway, I continued jogging and found myself on University Drive. (I was very thankful that I didn't fall here...it was game day and University Drive was already very crowded). I did run into the Overstreets, who were enjoying breakfast at City Bagel, so of course when I stopped to say hello, I had to explain why there was blood practically dripping down my leg. Katey, being the sweet friend that she is, didn't make fun of me. I think she actually felt sorry for me a little. I love her.
So, if you're in town and you see someone jogging with knee pads, elbow pads, and maybe even a helmet, do not be alarmed.
Please don't honk though, as I may get distracted and fall yet again.
P.S. I am taking Max to the vet today to hopefully figure out what's going on with him. Say a little prayer for him if you will. I will keep you posted.

10 comments:

The Overstreets said...

I had empathy!! I totally relate.. Remember I'm the one who fell on the Drill field 6 times just WALKING to class in college

Tracy~ said...

I am a total clutz and trip over imaginary things. I feel your pain.

Praying that all is well with Max!

Anonymous said...

no post about the football game??

Tassie said...

I thought I was the only person who tripped over imaginary things. Nice to know that I'm not alone on this! A three mile run??? Wow! I'm impressed!

Unknown said...

you probably tripped over bad music.

(ba-dum-dum)

Unknown said...

PS - i do not know the overstreets that you linked. Katey and Cane? Know them. Those people you linked? I know them not.

Kelli said...

You are cracking me up! Hope your knees heal quickly!

The Robertsons said...

Poor Max! Give him a kiss from his Aunt Candy and Chloe. I am pricing a helmet and knee pads for you as soon as I go to the store. Love ya!

The Segrest Family said...

ohhhhhhhh, sounds like me... i panic when i see uneven sidewalks! ha. that is when i take a 'walk break' =)
and i love the drama for the game post! i missed it until just then.... ahahahah. i could say something, but i won't start more drama.
henry is SO DANG CUTE! i love it. little boys in jerseys yelling GO STATE are THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!

Tracy~ said...

I hope all went well with sweet Max at the vet. I'll check back later today to see if you've posted.

We most definitely will remain friends despite our little difference. I think it makes football season that much more fun :)