Wednesday, September 28, 2011

a special lady!


You may remember a fairly recent post of mine about a dear coworker of mine,  Angelia Gandy, who was in a terrible automobile accident (resulting in the death of one of her sons).  

Well...
GOOD NEWS: She has been undergoing rehabilitation to recover from severe injuries sustained in the wreck and is making a remarkable recovery.
In an effort to offset her staggering medical costs, some of the teachers at my school are donating items at a public garage sale.

When: Saturday, October 8, 2011; 8-11:30
Where: Starkville Sportsplex

The community garage sale includes home items, school uniforms, children's clothes and much, much more!
There will also be a silent auction, raffle, bake sale, coke products, sno-cones, pizza, and jumpers.

It will be such a FUN way for people like YOU to help!

If you're wondering what else YOU can help this precious lady, please contact Brittney Rye (brittrye@bellsouth.net ) or Cheryl Lipsey (cheryllipsey@ms.metrocast.net).

So...if you're in the area next Saturday and looking for something fun to do with your family, please consider attending this event!


Angelia is planning to return to work part time starting Monday! 
God is good!

1 comment:

Teri Beth said...

Laura!! I didn't have internet when we moved to kentucky and since we moved back to Tupelo (crazy I know) I've been so busy I haven't had time or energy to get on the internet, but I'm glad I stumbled upon your blog and checked it out, I appreciate the update on Ms. Gandy - being away from Starkville I hadn't heard anything else about her - praise the Lord for her health and for having a support team like all of you to help her out - I can't even imagine what she's been going through. I miss all of you at Sudduth so much and I never imagined I would miss teaching as much as I do - but I miss it terribly!! You've been added to my prayer list. Whatever is going on in your life keep your head up and remember you're not alone. Miss you!!

- Teri Beth