Tuesday, June 24, 2008

sweet, sweet Katey.

I need to talk about my friend Katey. Do you know her? If you don't, you're missing out. She's quite amazing.
Katey and I went to college together and were aquaintances, but it wasn't until last summer that we became really good friends.
I truly believe that God places certain people in our lives at specific times when perhaps they are needed most. I have obviously needed good friends more than ever these last few months and Katey has truly been GODSENT. I feel like I've known her forever. It's so crazy to think that it hasn't really even been a year! What's even crazier is that this is actually the 1st picture we've taken together! Yes, I know--I'm a picture fanatic, but most of the time when we're together, her sweet 2 1/2 year old son, Camp (that's a whole other blog post in itself. I love him) is the only other person with us. While he is a GENIUS child, he has yet to master picture-taking. :) There just hasn't been too many photo-ops when we're together. This was taken last night at Tipico (which also happens to be one of HER fave restaurants too!).

Katey has just been a simple reminder that God IS taking care of me by providing with the most amazing supportive and ENCOURAGING friends. I feel so undeserving! For the first time in several months, I'm beginning to feel like myself again. God is good.

ANYWAY--

BIG NEWS! Katey and her hubby Kane are expecting their 2nd child! She is due in January and I absolutely can't wait. :)

I love that girl. (She's got a pretty darn cute child too. Don't believe me? Click here and see for yourself).

By the way...my computer is working now, but I still don't have internet access. Therefore, my "blog time" has been limited! I haven't commented on blogs as much as I usually do, so I apologize! :)

9 comments:

The Overstreets said...

tears.. that's right.. tears. LOVE YOU TOO! Everything you said about me I'd have to say about you too. Tipico again.. soon.

The Overstreets said...

p.s. our arms are so skinny. :)

Anonymous said...

Any friend of YaYa's is a friend of mine! Mrs. K

The Stringers said...

i'm jealous. katey, will you be MY friend, too? :)

Alison said...

i love her... and after this post, i think there's a pretty good chance that if she and kane have a girl that her name will be "laura" :)

Sarah Mae said...

Glad you are feeling good lately LT. Miss you ALOT!!!!

Ashley said...

I love Katey too! She's one of my very favorite people in Starkville and is such an amazing friend and Godly example.

I told someone else about the 'skinny arm' trick the other day! It's so funny--- all of our pictures from now on will have this. My friend said her mom and all of her sisters heard that you look better when you angle your chin down to take a photo, so all of their pictures from the early 90's are strickly tucked chins.

Jenny Ruth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny Ruth said...

Girl, you know I am a big fan of Katey Overstreet so I am jumping on this bandwagon...she IS SO GREAT!!
I am glad your heart is doing a little better...
Can't wait to see you some this fall...