Monday, October 5, 2009

a serious case of the Mondays...

"When you come in on Monday and you're not feeling real well, does anyone ever say to you, 'Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays?' " -Office Space

I know, I, for one, have had a serious case of the Mondays today. First of all, I can't talk. Still. I'm still fighting this so-called cold and I just can't seem to shake it. I feel fine, but I sound like a chain smoker (which I am N.O.T.). In case you forgot, I am a teacher, and without much of a voice I'm unable to do too much with the kids. It's so frustrating! ON TOP OF THAT, my assistant, who I depend on so much at school, was absent today. Needless to say, it was quite an interesting day at school. Thankfully, my kids were somewhat understanding of my 'hoarseness" and it ended up being an OK day.
Am I glad my Monday has come to an end though? That would be a resounding YES.
I did have a really fun weekend though. Aside from the fact that I went to the game with Heather and Tom (see yesterday's post), I also got to spend a little time with Henry. Rob had plans here, so he brought my little buddy with him. Before I continue any further, allow me to share my new favorite photo of this child:

Preciousness. There are few things about this picture that make me smile:

1. his mouth wide open

2. his rain boots, which he calls his "waterproof boots"

3. camo pants

4. MSU jersey--not because he's wearing it, but because he's wearing it with the WP boots AND the camo pants.

Classic.

I also went to 2 of my favorite places yesterday: Ann Taylor Loft and Target. :) Mandy and I drove to Tuscaloosa after church yesterday and despite the nasty weather, we had a great shopping trip! (I also might add that I got some really cute new clothes too!). To top off the afternoon, we stopped off at TCBY in Tuscaloosa, where I devoured a chocolate/oreo shiver. YUM! Perhaps you recall what happened to Starkville's TCBY a few years ago (I'm still not over it. Can you tell??). It was such a treat to have some yesterday, but it made me realize just how very much I miss having one close to me!

Moving on..there are a couple of items that have recently been added to my "favorites" list. I thought I'd share them with you in hopes that you will enjoy them as I have:

1. LASH BLAST MASCARABesides the fact that I think Drew Barrymore is super cute, this mascara really IS great. It's no secret that I'm a Bobbi Brown snob with most of my make up products (In fact, I'm pretty confident that if she and I were to ever meet, she would want to be my friend). However, buying less expensive mascara has never really bothered me. I've tried several different kinds, but this is my favorite so far. I don't have very long eyelashes, so I'm always trying to find a mascara that lengthens them. L.B. may just be the winner! The first time I looked in the mirror after applying it, I said to myself, "Wow, LT...your eyelashes look fabulous!" It's true.

2. PAPERMATE FLAIR PENS

Don't you love it when you find a pen that writes really well? Call me a nerd if you'd like, but I guarantee that most of you out there have a favorite pen--the one you HATE to lose! Well, I've found one that tops them all. These pens write like pens, but they look "juicy" like markers. I can't explain it. You just have to try them. I have approximately 15 (all different colors) on my desk at school. I'm thinking of labeling them so no one borrows one and "accidentally" forgets to return it. I take them very seriously.

AND FINALLY (drumroll please)-

In case you haven't heard, Sugarland is releasing a Christmas album!!!! I absolutely can't wait! I can't remember the last time I went out and bought a CD. I usually just pick and choose songs I like and then download them on ITunes. Not this time though! The release date is October 13, and I plan on buying one that afternoon. In fact, I may go ahead and start listening to it then too! To me, there's nothing better than Christmas music. I also think Jennifer Nettles is the most fabulous of all, so I can only imagine her singing Christmas music. I totally can't wait!

....thanks for listening! LT

4 comments:

Tracy~ said...

Henry is a doll!

I LOVE a good pen - I've asked my secret pal for good pens and I love papermates!!!

Hope your Tuesday is better than your Monday!!!

Unknown said...

you did it. you blogged about pens.
That picture of H makes me laugh.

AnnaLittle said...

You are so cute. And I share your obsession with good writing utensils.

Renee Guest said...

buying those pens!