Monday, June 22, 2009

J and K, and prayer journaling...

I'm pretty sure I won't be the only person blogging about Jon and Kate tonight. I just finished watching it, and I must say, I'm a little mad at Jon and a little sad for Kate. Did you see it? Does anybody else think Jon is a jerk? He pretty much sealed the deal for me when he said, "I'm only 32 and I'm excited about starting a new chapter in my life." WHAT? I just felt so sorry for Kate. I'm willing to bet that in a few years, he's going to realize how badly he's screwed up. Ugh. He just makes me so mad.

On a subject change, I wanted to share something that I'm starting (or I guess I should stay "restarting"). I believe in the power of prayer, and I always want to make sure I'm praying for those who may really need it for whatever reason, especially when I specifically tell someone that I'm praying for them. I don't know why it seems like I've been surrounded around lots of people who are experiencing difficult times. I know a couple of people who's husbands or sons have just been deployed, others who have recently lost loved ones, some who are going through difficult times in their personal lives, etc. Everybody's issues are different, and I think whenever somebody is hurting, they need to be prayed for.
SO...I'm opening up a journal I got recently, and I'm going to start prayer journaling (the poor Gosselins will be at the top of my list!). I'llwrite down all prayer requests that I can think of, and I want to invite YOU to share with me! If you're an open person (which I very much consider myself), feel free to share your prayer request by commenting on this post. It will allow others to pray for you too! Otherwise, feel free to email me at lltomlinson@hotmail.com with your prayer request. Please write "prayer request" in the subject line, so I won't accidentally overlook it!
Rest assured that if you share a request with me, it will be written in my journal and you will be prayed for! And guess what? PRAYER WORKS!

12 comments:

Manuela said...

You had a wonderful idea! Thank you Laura

Anisa said...

Kate's the one I can't stand...I hope Jon is able to find happiness. In fact, I hope they both find whatever it is they're looking for, but I highly doubt it. Too screwed up.

Anonymous said...

Um, have you been WATCHING the show this past year?? Kate has been AWWWWWFUL to him. I feel sorry for JON. If I were him, I'd be excited about a new chapter too!

claire

LT (and Max) said...

ok. yeah. kate's been a little difficult at times--i'll admit. still...is there ever an ok excuse to cheat on your spouse? nope. i'm not sure if i'll ever be able to watch (and enjoy) the show again, but let it be known that i think kate was way more the victim than jon here. period.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you. Yes, Kate can be very bossy and demanding. But didn't Jon know her personality when he married her! I know they are both at fault. But he made some stupid decisions. I was shocked by his comment on the show last night. Has he lost his mind? I am glad they finally made a decision. I think it will be better for the kids for things to be settled. Anyway, I think Jon is very selfish! One day he will regret his recent decisions to cheat and start "his new life".

The Andersons said...

Yeah....Jon's said and done some pretty stupid things. An affair is never excused, no matter how awful things are at home. And it was arrogant and selfish of him to say he was "excited" about his new life. However, Kate has shot down every decision he has ever made and constantly talked down to him, like he was one of the kids, among other things. I think they're equally to blame. She shouldn't have been so critical and overbearing, but he shouldn't have shut her out and had an affair.

Unknown said...

did he have an affair?
i need cable.

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through Tennille and I work at Cadence where I know your sweet dad. I just wanted to say Ditto on what you said about Jon. He seemed a little too excited about his new chapter in his life. I cried through the show. I know Kate is bossy and mean sometimes, but if Jon would have taken the initiative sometimes then Kate would not have to yell. I feel bad for any family that breaks up and mostly for the kids. Love your blog!

Shelly Powers said...

Hey I just wanted you to know that I am thinking about you tonight bc I headed to the sugarland concert in bham tonight... Will say hello to jennifer for you ;)

Gayle Rhoades said...

Laura, I would like everyone to pray for my daughter-in-law, Joan's, brother's girlfriend, Laura. She is in a type of coma in Jackson. Her EEG has come from a 2 to a 5, so we know the Lord is working. Please pray for further response and brain activity and for family as they are waiting and praying.

Bambi said...

You definately need to put Brian, Lynn's son, in your prayer journal. He is going to be in Kuwait and he says it feels like a blowdryer in your face all the time. He misses home! Can you imagine?! Pray for all of our soldiers!

Melanie said...

This is SO crazy that this is what your post is on. I was just thinking this morning that I need to get a journal and everytime someone gives a prayer request on a blog, facebook, etc to write it down so I can remember to pray over it. When I say I am going to pray for you, I do say a little prayer right then, but later when I am in "deep" prayer, I have the hardest time remembering every request!
I do not watch J&K + 8, but I've heard a lot about it, and I definitely think this marriage needs to be lifted up in prayer!!!
Hope you have an awesome weekend girl!!!
Hugs!!!