Monday, August 22, 2011

I'm still alive. No really--I am!

Hey folks!  The 2011-2012 school year is underway, and I'm sorta kinda starting to feel like a normal routine is well on its way.  I'm so very thankful for that!
Anyway...
Here are couple of topics for tonight's post:
1. Claire! My fellow 30 year old friend!  Claire turned the big 3-0 on Friday, and I was pumped to spend the weekend with her in the 'ham.  Some of her Bham friends hosted a party for her, and it was fun to get to go. 
The birthday girl!

Some of the decor.  And yes--that's a worm garland.  You have to know Claire to really understand its significance.

Umm.  Yeah.  Yum.

Aren't we cute? ;)


Me and Mary Beth!  So happy to see this Bham friend while I was there!  Oh how I love her.

2. Next,  I want to ask that you click here and check out the blog of some friends of mine!  They're a pretty amazing family of 4 waiting to adopt a little boy from Ethiopia!   Doesn't that just touch your heart?
Here are a couple of simple ways you can help this sweet family in their journey:
a. Order a T-shirt from them!
b. Simply click on the "donate" icon on the right of their blog to give a monetary donation.
c. Contribute unused household items to their upcoming garage sale (particularly if you're in the Starkville area!)
d. Remember this family in your prayers!
Make sure you leave a comment and follow their blog!  Oh--and help spread the word, too! 

3. My little sis is getting back to blogging (I THINK!), but she's about to go private, so don't miss your chance to get on her email list so you can continue to follow her blog and watch little Jones grow!
Click here to get on the email list!

4. Not that I'm keeping up with it or anything, but there's only approximately 9 days, 21 hours, 25 minutes, and 10 seconds until MSU kicks off the 2011 football season! 

Anybody excited?!

1 comment:

Tracy~ said...

I, like you, can't wait for football season to start..... Hotty Toddy, my friend!