Tuesday, March 15, 2011

NOLA!

In case I've failed to mention it, I'm turning the big 3-0 next week. I've had mixed feelings about hitting this milestone, which I'm sure is normal.
Anyway, my 2 fantastic sisters, Kristen and Heather, and my wonderful cousin, Adelia, took me to New Orleans this past weekend to help me celebrate my birthday! It's spring break for me (as well as Adelia), so the timing was really perfect. My sweet mom did a little research and made our hotel reservations, restaurant reservations, and SPA reservations! So, there were a lot of different events that were planned during our trip, but we still had lots of "free" time to roam the city . We've had this trip planned for a couple of months now, so I was so upset when I hurt my ankle and knew that I'd be in a cast for the trip. We didn't let us stop us, though! We borrowed a wheelchair from a friend and I was wheeling around in style!
I've only been to New Orleans once or twice in my life, and I was probably 14 the last time I was there. There are so many fun things to do and beautiful (sometimes eccentric!) things to see!WE.HAD.A.BLAST!


Now I will share a little about our itinerary, whether you like it or not! :)
When we got to our hotel Friday late afternoon, K&H "ordered" me and A to sit downstairs in the lobby until they gave us permission to come upstairs. After a few minutes, they allowed us to come up to our room, where they surprised me with the decorated room and yummy wine and cheese! They're the best!
We had some good R&R before heading out that night.
We had reservations that night at The Redfish Grill. It was fantastic!Sunday morning we went to brunch at the Court of Two Sisters. It was hands-down the best brunch I've ever had and the atmosphere was beautiful! You should absolutely go there the next time you're in the area. YUM.We spent the rest of the day shopping at The Shops at Canal Place and Magazine Street. The weather couldn't have been more perfect for our day!

Sunday was our "Spa Day!" We did a little more shopping, ate at Nacho Mama's , where we had yet another fabulous meal...(are you noticing a food theme here? Hmmm....). We then went to Loews, where I was surprised with a full body massage and a facial! It was heavenly. K was pampered with a massage, while H&A had pedicures! It was so wonderful, and we all pretty much agreed that that was one of our favorite parts of the entire weekend!
The rest of our Sunday was spent walking on the Riverwalk and enjoying another beautiful day!



Our trip was made complete when we went to the infamous Cafe Du Monde this morning before heading home.
Sure, I may have gained 48 lbs while I was there, but it was all absolutely worth it!
Thanks, Mom for planning this trip for us and thank you K, H, and A for helping to make my 30th birthday celebration so perfect! :)

2 comments:

Silver Strands said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! The 30s are fantastic - so look for a whole lot of fun coming up :)

Claire Gillentine said...

good running into you all too! what are the odds taht we would see you! Glad you had a fabulous get away...and you were pushed around in style!!