Thursday, March 18, 2010

ALL ABOUT MEREDITH! (ok...and maybe a little about me too).

Happy Spring Break, all!
I first of all, need to give a shout out to my Texan friend Meredith, who celebrated the big 2-8 yesterday. I had good intentions of blogging about her yesterday, but it was a very busy day, and I let time get away from me.
My sincerest apologies.
ANYWAY--if you're a reader of my blog, you know that I don't take birthdays lightly. I've always been a "birthday person" and I enjoy making a big deal out of my friends' birthdays. So, in honor of Meredith's 28th yesterday, I have compiled a list of 28 reasons why I love this girl oh so very much.
1. She's married to a cowboy, and a cute cowboy at that.
2. She's HI-LAR-I-OUS. When we're together, I usually end up laughing until it hurts. Throw Claire into the mix, and it becomes dangerous.
3. She understands my strong dislike of Bob Saget and Uncle Kracker.
4. She understands my love of Starkville and wine.
5. She's pretty. It's a natural beauty that's on the inside and outside!
6. She loves her family. She comes from big family, and like me, enjoys spending as much time as possible with each of her family members.
7. She loves her friends. She has approximately 3,486,391 friends and she's loyal to them all.
8. She's a constant encouragement. I can be having the worst day, and I know that talking to Mere will somehow make my day so much better!
9. She's a fantastic cook! I've asked her numerous times if she would mind cooking for me and shipping the food to Starkville. She says that she doesn't really think that would work. I guess she's right.
10. She's responsible for introducing me to "Waiting for Guffman," which is quite possibly the best movie of all time. Want us to quote it for you? We absolutely will.
11. She can change a flat tire. I can't.
12. She's a middle child like me.
13. She spent the day with George W. and Laura Bush. Totally jealous.
14. She understands my love of "aunthood".
15. She told me just yesterday that she enjoys getting older! Here I am, whining about the fact that I'll be 29 next week, and she just looks at it like another year to celebrate life!
16. She loves Saved by the Bell reruns.
17. She sets aside "LT time" when she visits MS, even though she and Vic have half a million people to see when they're here!
18. She will abbrev. with me even if though it annoys almost everybody else.
19. She's had the coolest jobs of anybody I know.
20. "She can sing, she can act, she can dance, and there's only one other person in the world that can do that and THAT is Barbra Streisand."
21. She has cute clothes.
22. She has the BEST hair.
23. She N.E.V.E.R. complains.
24. She loves Neil Diamond.
25. She let me catch the bouquet at her wedding. ("Let me"? Ok..maybe not, but even though I did have to push some people out of the way, I DID manage to catch it! That was several years ago, and you see how well that whole thing has worked out for me, right?).
26. She puts every single person before herself. I don't care how well she knows you.
27. She's one of the most loyal friends I've ever had and will ever have.
28. She's going to be the best mom!!!! I can't wait for baby girl Horn to arrive in August!
Happy Birthday (a day late) to my dear friend! I can already tell it's gong to be a great year, Mere!
Now, about me... (that is, after all, why you read my blog, right?). I'll give you a brief P90X update. I'm nearly at the end of week 3, so there's been a little repetition thus far. I've done about 7 videos a couple of times each (and have I mentioned how much I HATE YOGA?! That's another story, really.). So, since I've become somewhat familiar with several of the routines, I find it unnecessary to listen to Tony at times. I find that it's more fun and equally beneficial to exercise to THIS:

What do you think about this set up? Pretty clever huh? What you see here is Tony, who is on mute, on top of my TV, while I enjoy a fantastic episode (volume up) of Seinfeld. See? Exercising can be enjoyable!

I've thoroughly enjoyed my Spring Break thus far. I've worked at MINT basically the entire day, which was great, but I loved being able to sleep in this morning and get a few things done. I'm heading to Gulfport for the night tomorrow for another baby shower for Heather and little Jones. I can't believe that it really is getting close to Jones' arrival! Only a few more weeks until I'm an aunt again! Life is good.

Oh! And did I hear that the NCAA tournament is going on now? I wouldn't know, since I'm boycotting this year. That's right---B O Y C O T T I N G. It takes a good bit to get me mad, but those NCAA tournament people managed to do it! And Kentucky? Don't get me started please. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, click here. Oh, and what they'll fail to mention in that article is that the refs were TOTALLY UNFAIR. I could have officiated that game with my eyes closed better than those idiots. I don't personally know this particular blogger, but after reading this post, I decided that she and I would be BFF. Well done, Boomama. I couldn't have said it better myself. And you're probably wondering what the NCAA tourney has to do with this. Well, it was shortly after this horrible loss that those people announced that MSU did not make it to the tournament. WHAT? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

I wanted to blog about this immediately on Sunday, but I was afraid I'd say something I shouldn't. I thought that if I waited a few days to discuss this on the blog, it would be better. Maybe I was wrong, because the thought of it still makes my blood boil. I'm just bitter. Very VERY bitter.

So, while I'm a basketball fanatic, my attention is now focused on the NIT and absolutely not the NCAA tournament. GO DAWGS!
Now. I'm planning on enjoying my last few days of Spring Break and spending it with my family with a smile on my face!

5 comments:

Alison said...

Happy Birthday Meredith! And congratulations to you and Vic on your baby on the way!!

Tracy~ said...

Happy Birthday Meredith!!! And a baby on the way! that is So exciting. Hi LT :)

The Hensons said...

you don't know me, but i had to wait til today to blog about last sunday, too...my heart still hurts!!

Katy said...

just came across your blog and I love it! you are just too precious and I think we would be friends.. =) I want to know how the P90X is going lately.. I want to try it. keep waiting on that perfect house.. you will find it! I know how you feel.. it can be overwhelming. Anyway, just wanted you to know I am a reader.. =)

jwhite said...

Yoga hurts. Plyometrics makes me want to cry. Feeling your pain... :)