Monday, December 21, 2009

Mandy!

I apologize for the lack of posts lately. Not too much to report other than the fact that I'm out of school for 2 weeks and loving every minute of it! If there was a way to freeze time, I'd be doing just that. It's fabulous.
Now, on to today's post topic...
Today is my dear friend Mandy's 29th birthday! Mandy's not new to the blog, as she's been discussed numerous times throughout.
I've said this before, but I have lots of best friends. Lots of them. I am not really sure what I've done to deserve such amazing friends, but I know that as I've gotten older, I've learned to appreciate them more and more. I tell people all of the time that even if I'm 50 when I get married, I will still have about a dozen bridesmaids. People may judge me for that, but I can't help it. I won't have it any other way. I have been blessed--that's all I can say.
I truly believe that God places certain people in our lives at just the right time. A few years ago I experienced something that was very painful. I remember thinking that I didn't know if I could go on. Looking back now, as a much stronger person, I realize that truly don't know if I could have made it through without my family and amazing friends.
When I think about those important people who stand out in my life as being there when I need them most, or one of those special friends who I know is going to be a friend for life, I think of my dear friend Mandy.

I rent a duplex, and Mandy lives upstairs from me. We moved in this house at the same time in 2006, but we'd never met. We became instant friends. We are so very different, but I think it only makes our friendship more fun!
Mandy and I have been with each other through extreme ups and downs, and even though we've only been friends for a little over 3 years, we've made so many fun memories together.
Bottom line--Mandy is fabulous, and I think on this special day, she deserves an A-Z list....don't you agree?
So, here you go, Mandy.
Here are reasons A-Z why I think you're the best!
Actress. And a pretty dang good one.
B&B. Mandy knows exactly what that means.
Cat lover.
Desperate Housewives.
Entertainer. "She can sing. She can act. She can dance. And only one other person in the world can do that and THAT is Barbra Streisand".
Fellow teacher.
Great gift giver!
Hallmark cards.
Internet sharer.
Jelly bellies. (Be sure to save the watermelon and buttered popcorn for me!)
Kids...and their names are "Maizey" and "Bear"
Lists. She makes more to-do lists than anybody I know.
Michigan...her home state.
Neighbor/roommate...whatever you want to call it.
Organized.
Purple.
Quesadilla lover. We love Tipico!
Red VW Bug.
Smart. Waaaaay smarter than me.
Talented.
Understanding. She totally gets me.
Vent. We are good at doing this to each other. What are friends for?
Wine and cheese.
X-boyfriends.... ugh.
Years old: 29!
Zzzzz. This girl enjoys sleeping as much as I do!
Happy birthday Mandy! You're loved!

No comments: