Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Red, White, and Blaine

Don't understand the title of this post? Watch "Waiting for Guffman," one of the most genius movies ever made and you'll understand.
Happy late 4th to you all.
It was a very laid back one for me, just as I hoped it would be. Kristen has begun a rotation in Hattiesburg, so she spends Monday-Thursday at Heather's, allowing her weekends to be open and her schedule to be a little more flexible. She will be doing this until October.
Kristen, Rob and Henry were able to come here for a long weekend. We went to Collinsville for the day on Friday to visit some of my mom's family. We also grilled out and just relaxed. It was fabulous. I'm posting a lot of pictures from the weekend. Mostly because Henry seems to get cuter everytime I see him, causing me to want to post a million pictures of him. :) Not only is he getting cuter everytime I see him, but he's also getting slightly bossier each time--this is just a reminder that he is most definitely Kristen's child! He walks around saying "Happy Day," and has learned to say "I love you" (sounding more like "I wuv wu"). My heart melts everytime. You will also see in some of the pictures that Kristen is continuing to dress him in cute little smocks (most of the time against Rob's will). It's funny though, because my dad has a small baseball hat for Henry that he keeps at my parents' house. The second he walks in the door at my parents' house he looks at my dad and says "Da! Mone! Hat!" (translation: "Da! Come on! Let's get my hat!"). He wants to wear his hat at all times, especially when he's around my dad. It's adorable.

Now, go rent (or better yet, BUY!) "Waiting for Guffman". You won't regret it unless you have no sense of humor. :) Have a great week!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

He really is very cute!

-Rhonda

Kelli said...

Henry is adorable, I have to agree! Glad you had a relaxing 4th!

mary straton said...

I consider myself bicoastal...if you condsider the MS river as one of the coasts.

Tassie said...

Can I just say...I actually own "Waiting for Guffman!" I love it!

Tassie said...

Hey LT- my blog's URL is tassieandherrandomthoughts.blogspot.com

Take a look and see how basic it is. I need blogging lessons!

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

a lot of people might find it rather ironical that even though we live in the same city, we never see each other.

come visit us before the summer is gone!

Tracy~ said...

I can't believe you have to back in three weeks. Time really does fly. Glad you're having a wonderful summer!!!

I've not seen Waiting for Guffman. I own Best in Show and love it and hear that a lot of the same people are in WFG and aren't there some other movies that go with it? I want to watch them in order if need be. :)

Henry is too cute.