Monday, July 28, 2008

cast your vote!

OK, so I had a nice chat with my fantastic aunt Stephanie (the hair stylist) re: my hair color. She is all for it. While most of my blog readers (inlcuding almost everyone in my family) are pretty much against me taking the plunge and coloring my hair, I'm actually leaning towards doing it. Is it like me to go against what most people suggest me doing? No. Still, I trust Stephanie and she 100% agrees that I need a change and putting a 6 week gloss on my hair would be the perfect way to do it. Heather was there and after listening to Stephanie talk about how good it would be for me to change my look a bit, she has given me "permission" to do it. :) I figured that if I don't like it, it'll be back to black in 6 weeks.
So, friends, it really might happen. Your opinions are important, so cast your vote on my poll on the right!
While I'm blogging, there are a few new favorites that I must share with my loyal readers. First of all there's a new TV show that's surprisingly very entertaining. It's no secret that I'm a fan of TLC. I love "What Not to Wear" and I'm totally addicted to "Jon and Kate Plus 8". The name off my new fave is "Rock the Reception." Seen it? It sounds cheesy I know, but hear me out on this. Now, if you know me well at all, you know that I DON'T and CAN'T dance. I wish I could, but that's a gift that God gave both of my sisters--not me. I especially wish I could dance after watching this show. IT'S SO FUN. In case you haven't seen it advertise, I'll fill you in on exactly what takes place. A bride and groom hire a professionaly choreographer to teach them a fun dance for their reception to totally surprise their guests. So, when it's time for the first dance, everyone expects it to be a slow, sweet song, and guests expect to watch the couple gaze into each others' eyes (while probably discussing how awkward it is to have so many people staring at them). BUT, when the couple walks out, they totally break out in an out-of-control choreographed dance. I think it's so fun and would totally love to have the ability and the money to do that if I get married one day. You really need to watch it.
Moving on...here are a few new favorite snacks (you know I've got to talk about food!). I LOVE LOVE Triscuits. Normally if I buy them, I get the plain kind. BUT that was before I had the life-changing Fire Roasted Tomato and Olive Oil flavored Triscuits. OH.MY.GOSH. They are heavenly. PROBLEM-I can't buy them. Why you ask? Well, embarrassingly I bought some one night not too long ago. I was totally craving them and nothing else would satisfy my craving. Ummm...let's just say that by the next day THE ENTIRE BOX WAS GONE. I am so embarrassed to admit that. I have absolutely no portion control. I buy them only on special occasions, and try to stick to my 100 calorie packs on a daily basis. Speaking of 100 calorie packs (which, by the way, were a GENIUS idea), have you had the 90 calorie Mini-Delights? They are small rice cakes drizzled with different flavors. There's caramel, chocolate, chocolate mint, and peanut butter. There may be more, but those are the only ones I've tried. They are all so yummy and really do satisfy my sweet cravings.
I would love to meet the person who invented 100 calorie packs. I bet she (I assume it's a female) is skinny.
It really helps people like me, who have no concept of correct portion sizes!
Tomorrow is my last day at MINT. It will be a sad day for me I tell ya. I plan on working in my classroom all day Wed. and Thurs. and then Fri. is my REAL first day back!
WHERE IN THE WORLD DID THE SUMMER GO??

11 comments:

Jessica said...

I agree, the 100 calorie packs are fantabulous! Adam really enjoys the Triscuit cracked pepper and olive oil crackers too. If you like chocolate, you need to try the Quaker granola bites. 90 calories and soooo tasty. P.S. - Cant wait to see more of you at school lovely! :)

Claire said...

If you love those, you should try the cracked pepper and olive oil triscuits. OUTSTANDING with wine and cheese.

My husband and I will break out in an NSYNC song and dance, I'm sure. I can teach you that one, if you like.

Miss you.

ps--color your hair. I say it's worth the risk.

Katie Walden said...

I totally love Rock the Reception and IF I ever get married, I will be on the show...if it still exists by then. Ha!

Tassie said...

You should try the Sun Dried Tomato and Basil Triscuits. Totally yummy! Another good sweet snack (worth 1 WW point) is the sugar free pudding.

Adelia said...

I love Rock the Reception. It cracks me up. Did you see the dance to Can't Touch This? It's another fabulous addition to TLC.

Anonymous said...

You know I just love ya to death!What would I do without being reminded by you that we are all humans living under the same heaven!All that to say this....I tried the Triscuits and loved them and YOU need to try the 100 cal. choco. covered pretzels! Oh my!
We WILL talk later!Can't wait!

brad, amanda, and brody said...

I vote YES- I change my hair alot, so of course I vote "Go for it!"

I've watched Rock the Reception too, and it's hilarious!

The Robertsons said...

Don't touch the hair! I don't want to go back to work. Let's quit!

Anonymous said...

Do it, but you might want to get a 2nd or 3rd job to pay for it!! I would be Jessica Simpson blonde if i could afford it!! Why not, you only live once!! Harper

Tracy~ said...

I love, love that show!

I've said from the beginning you should highlight the hair. I hope you do!!!

Renee Guest said...

always love the food tips... and I do love those Triscuts! They are sooo good.

YOU MUST post when you get your makeover! YOu will look beautiful no matter what - not worried about that at all!

YOu might just insprire me to finally do it too!!!! Can't wait to see it!!!!!!