Sunday, December 5, 2010

Griswold family Christmas!

Who doesn't love "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation"?
I went to a "Griswold" Christmas party Friday night, and in case you can't tell by the pictures, each couple was to dress like characters from the movie! :)
Allow me to introduce you to:

Clark and Ellen... (and another view of Clark..genius!)
...Cousin Eddie and Kathryn...

...Uncle Lewis and Aunt Bethany... ....Todd and Margo (that's me!)...
..."Snots" and the lovely wrapped cat from Aunt Bethany...


(And NO...unfortunately I didn't get pictures of every couple there! They were all great!)
And here are some more pictures from the night:

I started making a list of my favorite quotes from this fantastic movie (no doubt, one of the BEST), but I just couldn't narrow it down.

Sooo...allow me to ask you: What's your favorite quote from this movie?

"TIS THE SEASON TO BE MERRY!"

12 comments:

Meaghan said...

What an awesome idea for a party...this is my FAVE Christmas movie ever! I love all the costumes!! May have to steal this idea...

Unknown said...

"Sh*&ter's full"

Bambi said...

I can't think of just one! Top of the list, of course,
"Tis the season to be merry!"

The Gapens said...

So glad you guys were able to come to the party! We had so much fun and are still talking about all of the costumes!

Keri said...

I check your blog every now and then, and I have to say this is the coolest party! I may have to steal this idea and have one of these in B'ham.

"Are you serious Clark?"

The Andersons said...

"Surprised, Eddie? If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet I wouldn't be more surprised than I am right now."

Jen Frisk said...

Hi! Where did you get the silver jumpsuits for the Todd and Margo costumes? They're great! Can you please email me and let me know? jennifer.frisk@yahoo.com

Anna Little Morris said...

I have SO very many fave quotes from Christmas Vacation... I don't really have a tip-top #1.

But I do like:

Hey Griswold! Where ya gonna put a tree that big?

Bend over and I'll show ya!

You've got a lotta nerve talking to me like that!

I wasn't talking to you...

Cathy Ames said...

Hi! can you please tell me where you got the todd and margo costume? My girlfriend's family call us todd and margo and we want to surprise them by showing up in costume for thanksgiving dinner! thanks! Joe

Cathy Ames said...

oh, email is cathyames52@gmail.com thanks!

Unknown said...

love the theme. can you tell me where you got the todd and margo silver outfits? mtorres@iastate.edu

mrscara said...

Where did you get the todd and margo outfits? carahill@gmail.com