It's been a fantastic day to be a bulldog!
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Monday, November 23, 2009
Friday, November 20, 2009
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Aunthood. While that may not even be a word, I'm thankful for it!
Diet coke (AKA my afternoon best friend).
Monday, November 16, 2009
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Henry, enjoying the food and saying "CHEEEEEEEEEEESE!"
Me and Kris! (I look short here too!!!)
Me and my "Alabama cousins" Ashley and Amanda. Love these girls!
And the most exciting thing of the weekend...
WE FOUND OUT WHAT GENDER BABY SKAGGS IS!!!!
And as hard as it is for me not to announce it right now, I guess I should allow Heather (aka the mother of the baby!) to announce it first, right?
Sometimes I don't like being fair.
(I DO like knowing that baby Skaggs is looking healthy and everything is going well! Praise God!)
Keep watching the Skaggs' blog for the big announcement or stay tuned here to find out!
I hope you have a great Monday! One more week for me and then I'm out for a week for Thanksgiving! Woo hoo!
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Friday, November 6, 2009
2. If you had the chance to re-do the last 24 hours, would you change anything?Actually, I think I regret my dinner choice for tonight. Dang it.
3. When you reply to someone's comment on your blog, do you reply in your comments or go to her blog and comment? Well, I OF COURSE comment on "her" blog! Who doesn't appreciate a good blog comment?
4. Your favorite Disney movie is: The Little Mermaid. There was a span of about 4 Disney movies, that, in my opinion, are the BEST...The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, and the Lion King (a close 2nd)
6. Games of strategy or games of chance?Strategy. I enjoy trying to make my mind "work". I like trying to be as smart as my mom (wishful thinking).
7. Do you have any recurring dreams? Yes. What are they about? You'll never know.
8. What did you learn from your first real job? I was able to distinguish between 62 different Aspen Bay candle scents. If I closed my eyes and you put a candle under my nose, I was approximately 95% correct when identifying the smell.
9. Do you buy or borrow most books? Borrow. I love for people say "you'll LOVE this book!" and then proceed to give me the book to read. I trust those people. I am not one who is able to walk into a book store, look at a random book, and say "hmmm...I want to read that book." Whenever I DO try to choose a book on my own, I usually read the book and end up being depressed because I'm single. I don't get it.
12. Have you ever been so happy that you literally jumped up and down for a few seconds? If so, what was the occasion?Yes. I can think of a few particular times:
-anytime MSU wins (especially vs. Ole Miss)
-hearing that my sisters were pregnant (it doesn't get any better!)-seeing an old friend that hasn't been seen in WAY too long!
Thursday, November 5, 2009
One particular entry caught my attention--not just for the wonderful sentence writing it contained but also the content that was included. I was so touched when I read it, that I took him down to the principal and let him read it to her. She then made a copy of it to share with others. I'm going to type what he wrote exactly how he wrote it, so obviously, I don't want anybody criticizing the spelling/grammar here! :)
"I am thankful for the teachers I have they are kind and respecful. I am thankful for what God gave me. I am thankful for my mom and my dad for taking cre of me and teaching me to do write. I am thankful for my friends for believing in me for everything I do. I am thankful for God for taking care of the rich and poor everyday. I am thankful for Miss T. and Miss Marquita for teaching me and I know they work hard. I am thankful for my grandmother every time I cry she makes me feel better. I am thankful for God for giving us food and clothes and our life and we should prase him everyday." -Jamori, age 8
Precious, precious, precious.
Now that you know what this sweet 8 year old little boy is thankful for, I want to ask...what are YOU thankful for today?
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
I'm a very routine person...I eat breakfast at 6, lunch at 11:45, and ideally I like to eat dinner around 6. I guess my
child dog has picked up on some of his mommy's character traits...
He eats EVERY night at 5:00. And don't worry...if it's after 5, he'll LET ME KNOW. Today he starting telling me that he was hungry around 4 (and YES, he does TELL me when he's hungry!). I finally realized that his little 8 lb body hasn't quite adjusted to the time change!
Take a look. I just think he's the cutest thing here.
Oh, and in case you're wondering, I did feed him a little early. I mean, how could I say "no" to that? :)
Monday, November 2, 2009
A few highlights from the weekend:
- a bulldog victory! Heather and I were so proud to see our dawgs win! Almost equally exciting was this interview with Anthony Dixon. Gotta love him.
- I got to see TWO of my dear friends from college! Unfortunately my time with sweet Kelli (Darnell) McGuffee was so short, I didn't get a chance to snap a pic of the 2 of us, but I was able to have lunch with my college roommate, Morgan, and insisted on getting a pic of us! Morgan and I lived together in McKee Hall our sophomore year, and and in the KD house together our junior year. Ilove that girl! Morgan is getting married in a few weeks and it was really special to have a little time with her before then!
- Oh! I also got about half of my Christmas shopping done while I was there! GO me!
Even though this is only a 4 day week for me, it's still past my bedtime. Good night to you all!