Yes, internet access at my house is still a negative right now, so blogging time has suffered a great deal lately. Sad. I know you all wonder "What has LT been up to?," so to ease your minds, I am posting a bulleted list of the exciting events of my daily summer living.
- I've been working at MINT a good bit lately. I absolutely love it. In fact, as much as I love teaching, I told Emily the other day that if I could financially do it, I would take a year off teaching and just work for her at the store. I'm telling you--if you've never been to this fantastic place, you must come in. I have snagged a few great pieces of clothing including a pair of Seven Jeans, which were priced at $210 (they had NEVER been worn). I paid $15 for them. Yes...you read that correctly FIFTEEN DOLLARS! There's always cute stuff there. I enjoy working AND shopping there.
- I have become obsessed with eye make up. That is random I know, but I have found that changing up your regular eye shadow routine can really spice up an outfit. (Too much time on my hands? Perhaps). I'm a Bobbi Brown make up wearer, but I've ventured out a bit and bought some "fun" eyeshadows from random places. I mostly use browns and greens, but I'm thinking of trying to try some blues and purples. I think it's fun to play with even though I may end up looking like a clown. Any good recommendations?
- I made a fabulous summer salad yesterday. If you're into fruity salads, you must jot down this recipe and try it. INGREDIENTS: 1 bag Romaine lettuce, I can mandarin oranges (drained), 2 c. sliced strawberries, sliced almonds (desired amount really), 2 c. chopped chicken, I small red (or is it purple???) onion -sliced, poppyseed dressing. I actually came up with my own dressing. I bought a yummy fat-free strawberry balsamic dressing and mixed some poppyseeds in it. I'm sure I don't really have to list the directions here, as I know you're all intelligent people and can figure out how to "make" the salad. The only recommendation I have is to serve the salad tossed and put the almonds on last, so they will be nice and crunchy. Give it a whirl! It's delish!
- I miss Heather's daily blog posts. Since she's started a new job, she has little time to blog and it makes me sad. In fact, I think she should quit her job and just become a full time blogger. She's so entertaining and the blog world is just not the same without her. But alas, I suppose blogging 8 hours a day will not put food on the table and a roof over her head. Plus, it would be kind of weird if that was all she did ALL of the time. I'm sure Trey would not go for it. Scratch that whole idea I guess. I'm planning on visiting them in a couple of weeks, and I'm looking forward to some good times in the 'Burg.
- You need to purchase the latest People Style magazine. I love it when magazines show you pictures of fantastic (but expensive) outfits that famous people wear and then they show you how you can look similar but spend less money to do it. There are several websites provided in the magazine that I'm going to be checking out. Oh, and I must add that there are several celebrities wearing yellow dresses somewhat similar to the Kate Hudson one that I borrowed to wear at Rob's party last weekend. I MUST find one of my own. I can't stop thinking about it.
I guess that does it for my blogging today. I'm off to get my day started now! Enjoy your Monday. I guess this should be a 4-day week for most of you! Yay!