Thursday, November 29, 2007
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
I love the way this picture looks!
my quaint little tree (notice Max's adorable stocking in the top corner!)
My table stays set year round. The pieces, placemats, napkins, etc. change according to the season/holiday. Here is my Christmas setting. Oh, and your eyes are not misleading you...I have name place holders and I felt compelled to place names in them (you know...since I have so many dinner parties at my house...haha). Isn't that what these little name holders are for? Anyway, the 4 names that are placed around my table are: Holly, Joy, Noel, and Merry. That's right. Holly. Joy. Noel. Merry.
Heather, Candy, and Kristen have already made fun of me for this, and I'm totally prepared to hear from this friend, this friend, and this friend regarding this particular decor. Hey....I was debating on using names of the characters from "The Office," but aren't my 'Christmasy' names more appropriate? :)
I'm not really sure why I thought you'd want to see a picture of my lovely up-to-date oven. I do like my new and *inexpensive* little "Jingle Bells" sign though!
....and a couple of views from outside...
Is anybody else ready to watch "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" and eat puppy chow?
Monday, November 26, 2007
Sunday, November 25, 2007
Me and Heather celebrating after the game.
Me and JR
I was nervous about the game...I won't lie. When we were losing 14-0 at the beginning of the 4th quarter, I thought the game was over and I almost became one of those fans that leaves before the game is over. However, my dawgs decided to start playing football and scored our first touchdown with 10 minutes left in the game. Everything went our way after that. I love being a bulldog.
My week off was fabulous (except for the fact that I've been dealing with a stomach bug for the past 24 hours. I haven't been able to eat anything for about 36 hours now...you should feel very sorry for me...). I've been able to spend lots of time with my family, relax, decorate for Christmas, and watch my bulldogs win!
I hope you have a fantastic week!
Saturday, November 24, 2007
Henry loves his Nana (my sweet grandmother). I love this picture.
at my parents' house
at my aunt and uncle's house in Collinsville
I hope you all got to spend time with your families and eat lots of yummy food like I did!
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
P.S. Trace-I'm totally expecting to receive a lengthy comment from you regarding this post, as you seem to be the only Ole Miss fan who reads my blog.
GO DAWGS! :)
...as seen at a fast food restaurant that I fortunately came upon while driving to Tuscaloosa (no, I didn't stop in for a big bacon and fries, as TEMPTING as that sounds :) ).
Saturday, November 17, 2007
-Strawberry Luna- there's a section in the magazine especially for kids, and that's where I came across this. While the site has posters and prints for any age, they also have these adorable alphabet prints, which would be so cute in a kid's room. This one says "L is for Ladybug." Other examples are "D is for Dog," "G is for Giraffe," etc. Precious.
-Jack and Lulu- this site features framed monogrammed prints with 18 patterns available. I love these and think this would be a fabulous gift for any female. Oh, and they're only $50 each, which I don't think is too bad, especially since that's including the frame!
-Other People's Love Letters - This is a book that contains 150 love letters that 'you were never meant to see.' I don't know about you, but I'm intrigued. I love a little cheesiness! In the magazine, this book is advertised for $23, but on the website, it's marked down to $15. 30. I'd love to take a little sneak peak inside this sappy book! Maybe I should get this as a little Christmas happy for myself. :) (Don't worry, MSKS, I'm not getting this for you! haha).
There are DOZENS of more websites and gift ideas in this month's Real Simple, but these are a few of my favorites! :)
Friday, November 16, 2007
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
If you click here, you'll see the standings. Right now, Croom has had the most votes today, and is ranked #4! YAY! So, fellow bulldog fans, go and vote!!!
Oh, and Emily Stringer posted a fantastic article about Croom. You should definitely read it if you have a few minutes. Love that man.
Monday, November 12, 2007
My cousin Adelia (on the right) and her fabulous roommate Deanna (middle) were also there, and we were able to meet up at the concert long enough to take some pics. :) So fun.
Saturday, November 10, 2007
I also got to visit with Alexa again at the tailgate, which was fabulous as always!
James also managed to squeeze in a couple of minutes of his busy working day to stop by long enough for me to take a cute picture (he knows how important pictures are to me! :) ). He worked both the football and basketball games (which, by the way, we ALSO won!), so needless to say, he was quite busy and had very little time to socialize. BY THE WAY...just so you know...I sometimes refer to him as 'James', while other times it's 'JR'. It's been brought to my attention that this is causing a bit of confusion to my readers. His name is 'James Robert,' but most people call him 'JR.' I go back and forth. Sorry for the confusion. :)
After the game, I got to eat mexican with my dear friends Matthew and Sarah, who were in town for the game. They moved to Lousiana at the end of the summer, and it was my first time to see them since then. Oh how I miss having them here.
3 other quick reasons why I'm in a great mood:
1. SUGARLAND CONCERT TOMORROW NIGHT! :) James and I are headed to the coast! I'm pumped!
2. We're staying in Hattiesburg with Heather and Trey tomorrow night, so I'll get to have a little hanging out time with the sis!
3. 4 more school days until Thanksgiving holidays! I GET THE WHOLE WEEK OFF!!!
Life is good.
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
1. ANN TAYLOR LOFT! This has become my new favorite place to shop. In fact, I have already asked Santa to bring me an ATL gift card for Christmas. Their clothes are stylish, classy, comfortable, and while they're more expensive than Old Navy, the quality is great and will last longer.
2. TV episodes on DVD! My two favorite TV shows of all time are Seinfeld and The Office. I own several seasons of Seinfeld and only the 1st season of The Office, but I hope to one day have ALL seasons of Seinfeld on DVD, as well as the other 2 seasons of The Office. How great will it be in 20 years when I'm still able to watch these shows on DVD after so many years?! (Of course, DVD players probably won't be around anymore, so this could get complicated, but it's a great thought anyway).
4. MISSISSIPPI STATE CHEESE (and other MSU products). Have you ever tried this amazing cheese? So yummy. This actually makes a GREAT Christmas gift for anybody, so if you're looking for something that almost anybody would like (unless they're lactose intolerant!), you should visit this site and order some now!
5. Magazine subscriptions! These make great gifts. You heard me mention recently that my favorite magazine is Real Simple, so if looking to buy for a
female, I highly recommend this one.
8. Woodwick candles! Have you tried these? They're by far the best candles I've ever used. In addition to wanting MYSELF to smell good, I also like for my house to smell good. I burn candles often. Santa brought me one of these (Cotton Flower scent---THE BEST!), and I used it all the time! The wicks are actually made of wood (hence the name!) and when burning, it sounds like a fire crackling. Not even kidding. These make great gifts, and if you get "gift-buying-happy," feel free to send one my way! :)
9. Willow Tree Angels! I like these because they're sweet and personable. Each angel has a specific name. For example, the angel here holding the puppy is the "Angel of Friendship." I have been given 2 of these angels. I have the "Angel of Learning" and the "Angel of Love." These are inexpensive and make really good gifts.
11. Nike Shox running shoes! I've tried lots of different running shoes and my favorite by far have been Nike Shox. I'm on the hunt for some new tennis shoes (Santa, I guess you can add it to the list!), and I'll most likely be getting another pair of Shox.
12. Pajama Pants! Who (male OR female) doesn't like a good pair of warm PJ pants? I'm always wanting new PJ pants. In fact, if it were up to me, I'd probably want to wear them all day everyday. Unfortunately, people who do this are usually frowned upon. Stacy from "What Not to Wear" says to NEVER them in public. I've learned to do whatever she says.